2016 Anti-snagging/bobber regulations

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
the new regulations book has resulted in several inquiries about the special Anti-Snagging Gear Restriction Rules and Salmon/Steelhead Bobber Fishing Rules.

Despite being located in the "General Statewide Regulations" section, on page 12, these rules do not apply statewide!

1- the first item in both rules is "Fishing gear restricted to artificial fly, lure, or bait with one single-point hook." If this applied everywhere, it would contradict the statewide "Hook and Weight Regulations", top of page 13, that start with "No more than three hooks may be used when angling..."

2- the last item in both rules is "See regulation exceptions for where antisnagging (or salmon/steelhead bobber) gear restrictions are in place."

Bottom line, there are still only a handful of 'problem' locations in the state where one of these special rules applies. cheers, roger

EOBOY
EOBOY
rogerdodger said:
the new regulations book has resulted in several inquiries about the special Anti-Snagging Gear Restriction Rules and Salmon/Steelhead Bobber Fishing Rules.

Despite being located in the "General Statewide Regulations" section, on page 12, these rules do not apply statewide!

1- the first item in both rules is "Fishing gear restricted to artificial fly, lure, or bait with one single-point hook." If this applied everywhere, it would contradict the statewide "Hook and Weight Regulations", top of page 13, that start with "No more than three hooks may be used when angling..."

2- the last item in both rules is "See regulation exceptions for where antisnagging (or salmon/steelhead bobber) gear restrictions are in place."

Bottom line, there are still only a handful of 'problem' locations in the state where one of these special rules applies. cheers, roger

Thanks that helped............I think............LOL

Hooked Up
Hooked Up
Nice when things are clear as mud. Where are these 'problem' areas?

Thanks for keeping up on the Regs.

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
Hooked Up said:
Nice when things are clear as mud. Where are these 'problem' areas?

Thanks for keeping up on the Regs.

I see anti-snagging rules for Big Creek, Three Rivers, Coos Bay, N. Umpqua River, Rogue River, and Eagle Creek.

I see Bobber fishing rules for S. Fork Santiam River, Winchuck River, N. Umpqua River, Chetco River, Trask River, and Salmon River.

Check where you will be fishing to be sure! cheers, roger

Hooked Up
Hooked Up
Thanks Roger, I'll be sure to double check before wetting a line.

Hans