2012 buck and no elk

D
DB Crouper
Sorry I don't get around much. Just returned from 4 weeks in the woods of Eastern Oregon. The weather was hot and the woods were dry. Our party of 5 only got one elk. I managed to get a buck, but 90 degrees daily made for a lean hunt. Had fun nonetheless.

• 2012 buck.jpg
M
Messymitch
Brother and Dad had been heading out every weekend since bow hunting season started. They complained the heat had a large part in what they saw. Brother ended up getting a smaller doe a couple weeks ago and this last weekend a 4x(2/4 two horns broke off). They hunt in the Wilson unit.

Grats on your Buck!

O
OnTheFly
Nice one Don. Buddy of mine just came back too and said it was so dry that every step you made was a crunch. Hard to be sneaky in that stuff.

C_Run
C_Run
Glad to see you're still around and got your deer. (Sorry to hijack but my wife, a teacher, was asking when is that guy going to finish that story...the one about BFD and miss Furney. She was really getting into it.)

D
DB Crouper
C_Run said:
Glad to see you're still around and got your deer. (Sorry to hijack but my wife, a teacher, was asking when is that guy going to finish that story...the one about BFD and miss Furney. She was really getting into it.)

I'll have to review that situation. Stay tuned.

L
lilsalmon
Welcome back and good job on your buck. I be missing your tales also.

M
Mad dog
Nice buck DB!!!

I love velvet covered antlers!