1st winter of the season!!! Closer

W
waco
I went to check EC in search of my first winter of the season!!! So I went to check my sweet spot and after about few casts I felt a bite set the hook, bam fish on I got exited, my first winter yeah!!! nope :( but I got this nice trout I believe was about 18 inch and it was a fighter I took 2 jumps i can imagine fighting those trouts with a lighter set up!! Anyways I was there for about 6hrs well at least didn't get skunked!!
IMG215.jpg
IMG208.jpg

Reactions: skunk
T
TTFishon
Nice trout dude!!!

S
skunk
Nice, I went up yesterday and only saw a black coho that I got outa the water for so I didn't get what he had! ;)

brandon4455
brandon4455
Nice fish! :clap:

H
halibuthitman
waco... nice photos, but what happened to going coastal?

W
waco
Thats where I'm heading tomorrow! I hope I can get at least a trout! ;)

T
Tribal16
Thats a nice looking fish :)

S
steelhead1
looks like he is missing his pectoral fins!

T
tnffishman
waco said:
I went to check EC in search of my first winter of the season!!! So I went to check my sweet spot and after about few casts I felt a bite set the hook, bam fish on I got exited, my first winter yeah!!! nope :( but I got this nice trout I believe was about 18 inch and it was a fighter I took 2 jumps i can imagine fighting those trouts with a lighter set up!! Anyways I was there for about 6hrs well at least didn't get skunked!!
IMG215.jpg
IMG208.jpg

That is one of the biggest trout I have seen pulled outta there waco! In July I caught a 12-13 incher and was super suprised when it hit my salmon gear. Those trout can suprise you in there

R
rippin fish lips
Nice fish waco!!

M
mrlindeman
Thats a big pretty fish man! What kind of fly did he take?

W
waco
steelhead1 said:
looks like he is missing his pectoral fins!
Yeah I noticed it too!! In fact it had it's fins but very short and curly!!

R
RunWithSasquatch
Pretty fish man... nice photos!

W
waco
tnffishman said:
That is one of the biggest trout I have seen pulled outta there waco! In July I caught a 12-13 incher and was super suprised when it hit my salmon gear. Those trout can suprise you in there
thats for sure, this is my biggest from the creek. I only have caught 2 big trouts there but those little suckers FIGHT HARD!!
1st one not very long while fishing for silvers
IMG177.jpg
2nd one
IMG210.jpg

S
Slick
Sweet. Beautiful fish! Do you know that you were wearing the same shirt in both those sets of pics?

W
waco
Slick said:
Sweet. Beautiful fish! Do you know that you were wearing the same shirt in both those sets of pics?
diferent day!! It's my fishing outfit!! My lucky outfit

S
Slick
waco said:
diferent day!! It's my fishing outfit!! My lucky outfit
I already figured that out.