1,000,000 dollar fish ???

H
hvacr1
Or maybe one of those ranger bass boats. Just wanted to post my tagged fish I caught at hagg yesterday 18 inches 3lbs. I just think the suspense is great even if i only get a hundred dollar gift card. IMG_0372[1].jpg

O
OnTheFly
That's cool! Hope you get the million.:clap:

W
wozniasm
Good luck to ya!

H
handmethewrench
oh ****! make sure you register with them (Cabella's)

B
Big3d
Nice job!

K
Kellyannam
handmethewrench said:
oh ****! make sure you register with them (Cabella's)

Yep. "If you have not completed the Registration and you catch an eligible tagged fish, you may register and log that fish shortly after catching it. An entrant may only log a tagged fish that has been caught by the participant himself. An entrant may NOT log a tagged fish that has been caught by any other individual. The fish must be a member of the Eligible Species, listed below."

But to get the Grand Prize, you have to register before the catch:
"IMPORTANT - in order to be eligible for the Grand Prize, you must have completed the Registration prior to catching the eligible tagged fish. Failure to complete the registration prior to catching the tagged fish will result in the entrant being deemed ineligible for the Grand Prize."

So if you haven't already registered and haven't entered the tag....well, what you do in that situation is up to you.
:think:

Anyways, that is awesome that you caught one! Gives us all some hope!

troutdude
troutdude
Great post Kelly.

Good thing fisherpeeps are honest, eh? :lol:

H
hvacr1
already registered last sunday 5/5/13 but thanks for the heads up. Sent info to cabelas yesterday afternoon. I did not do the cabelas app for the doubler, although I did know about it I just didn't.

K
Kellyannam
troutdude said:
Great post Kelly.

Good thing fisherpeeps are honest, eh? :lol:

I know right?

Did I mention that I caught a 30" Rainbow yesterday on a bare hook? ;)

In other news, I just emailed Cabela's asking if I was ineligible because their official rules state: "An entrant may only log a tagged fish that has been caught by the participant himself."

I'm sure I'm gonna make someone at Cabela's **** their pants tomorrow. I wrote the email in good fun though, and told them I just wanted to warn them before some crazy feminists came after the company when I think it's safe to assume it was just an error
:dance:

K
Kellyannam
hvacr1 said:
already registered last sunday 5/5/13 but thanks for the heads up. Sent info to cabelas yesterday afternoon. I did not do the cabelas app for the doubler, although I did know about it I just didn't.

Nice! Yeah I didn't register for the doubler either because I don't have a very smart smartphone but when I looked at the rules today for purposes of commenting on this thread, I saw that:

"or (2) if you do not wish to download and install the Cabela's App, you may qualify for the Doubler by sending a standard-size postcard, only, post-marked two (2) or more days prior to logging an eligible tagged fish, with your complete name, address, city, state, zip code, and email address to: Cabela's Grand Prize Doubler, P.O. Box 907, Marblehead, MA 01945. Do not send any other correspondence to this address."

I'll probably do that. So because of your thread, I learned something new :dance: I hope you win big!

C
ChezJfrey
Kellyannam said:
I know right?

Did I mention that I caught a 30" Rainbow yesterday on a bare hook? ;)

In other news, I just emailed Cabela's asking if I was ineligible because their official rules state: "An entrant may only log a tagged fish that has been caught by the participant himself."

I'm sure I'm gonna make someone at Cabela's **** their pants tomorrow. I wrote the email in good fun though, and told them I just wanted to warn them before some crazy feminists came after the company when I think it's safe to assume it was just an error
:dance:

LOL, nice catch (pun intended). Looks like they need to employ a proofreader that is as thorough and detail-oriented as you :)

G
Gettin' Jiggy Wid It
I just read the fine print and got a good laugh:

THE GRAND PRIZE:
One (1) Grand Prize may be awarded. If the Grand Prize Winning Number is caught and accurately logged in the first ten (10) valid fish caught and logged by all entrants, the Grand Prize is worth $1,000,000.00 (one million dollars).

Since they are releasing 1500 tagged fish, and only the first ten caught are eligible for the $1 million grand prize, Cabela's has crafted the game so there is less than a 1% chance that they will ever to have to pay out the $1 million prize. Pretty slick marketing -- $1 million dollar GRAND PRIZE! Woohoo!...(but we will never pay it out...hehe)

Still, I think it's cool what they are doing in terms of the prizes and promoting fishing, etc.

Good luck hvacr! $1,000,000 or a brand new bass boat...either would be a 10!

Last edited:
troutdude
troutdude
LOL

NONE of these "games of chance", are EVER in anyone's favor--EXCEPT for the company doing the "promotion". It is ALL about getting their company name/logo, to the top of the buying public's collective conscience.

In their twisted world; we are merely programmable pawns with disposable income. In more precise "fish-ese"...we are the fish...and the fisheries lotto is the bait! Not to mention that there is an in-direct benefit, to ODFW, in terms of HIGHER PROFITS from license sales.

ECON 101: it's all about getting as much of YOUR disposable income into their own pockets, as possible. Period.

So what say that we all band together; and cease our advertising campaign on their behalf. After all, we are NOT getting paid for promoting their event...are we??? Why should we help them advertise for free???

H
hvacr1
I would have never read the fine print unless I had registered a fish. What I thought was really funny is that if the million dollars is won it will be paid out in an annuity over the course of 50 years 20 k per year. All the sponsors it seems are dishing out more money than them and its not even their contest. I totally agree with what troutdude says. All these stipulations kind of reminded me of reading our odfw fishing regulations book for salmon fishing.

Last edited:
troutdude
troutdude
hvacr1 said:
all these stipulations kind of reminded me of reading our odfw fishing regulations book for salmon fishing.

lol

B
bernduffy
Yeah: my Dad played a $2 ticket in the Massachusetts Lottery every week for 20 years with out any return. Do the math: over $2000...! But he'd still get excited whenever he was just one number off. Who am I to judge what floats another person's boat? But the odds are ridiculous. Re; the $ fish, I suppose if it gets more folks into fishing that's good. Troutdude's right, though: maximum PR in return for probably very little outlay. What's new, right?

troutdude
troutdude
Yep. Nirvana Maxi-mus (a term that I've just coined...LOL), in the PR world, is known as "creating a buzz". PR Nirvana is the goal; and it is achieved by manipulating the masses into maximum TOPA (Top of Mind Awareness).

So...when we are "all a buzz" about "promotion X"...by "buying into" their advertising program propaganda...their Nirvana is attained.

How very Zen of me, eh?