What a BLAST!!!!

Y
youngbuck307
SO this really cool guy I have been talking to told me about this really awesome hole that I can fish with my poll that is to small...And today I had a day off work scents I have kidney stones and im on pain pills. I got really bored and thought I would go check it out to see how my poll would do when we go... I was going to use fresh sand shrimp but fisherman’s was out so I got the crap cured ones... well first cast within the first 10 min I had a foot long shaker on. I ended up getting 3 more a ill bigger before my last cast because it was getting really dark....tied up after breaking off and casted out...I haven’t fished sturgeon and I thought I would let them take it a ill more than I had been (I had missed like 5 bites)... so I started to get a bit but I let them eat and it would kind of come and go like he was just playing with it then all of a sudden wham he hit it good... I set the hook nice and hard felt a fish there a few cranks down and set it agen... next thing you know im losing line.. tighten down the drag and fight was on I would get a few cranks of the reel and he would take it right back.. AND out of no were DONK!!! line broke.. well more like I think my knot came undone scents I was rigging up in the dark... was so much fun!!!! I have never had on a fish that big. I know it wasn’t a oversize or anything just didn’t know it would be like that!!! I will be back tomorrow after fishing the clack for salmon\steelhead to perfect my skills before I have my buddy with me... can't wait to be able to keep one I haven’t had sturgeon in so long it will be nice...

Special thanks to THE NOTHING ( you are the best thanks for the help buddy)

M
metalmania
Good job bro, sounds like you had a hell of a time. I've been die'n to chase somethin other than chrome for a change. I was gonna go for a trifecta of salmon/steel/sturg tommorow, but work got in the way. But Hopefully thursday will go for me the way today wen't for you.

T
The Nothing
Glad you had a good time. :) Its a great place to fish, but can get crowded when there are more than a couple people there. I'm going to try to find a couple shad for Thursday. See just how big the fish there can get.

BTW, the pickled shrimp (sturgeon candy) works great. You do, as you noticed, tend to get more shakers though. Thursday I'll show you how to read the river bottom a bit better. It can fool you into thinking your getting hits.

J
joemomma
sturgeon fishing is one of my favorite's too! Are you fishing braided line, if ya are try to feel for the buggers laying on the bait to protect it from other fish, a real sharp tap, and i mean a real sharp tap is usually them laying on it, and dragging the leader or line across there body (snagged quite a few) until I learned this, pick your bait up just a little and this will drive them into biting it! It works! And right now be prepared for anything! We had two last friday about rip the rod out of the rod holder!

Y
youngbuck307
yea i could kinda tell that there was some movement every now and thin and i wasn't sure if it was me rolling or what. just so crazy how the water goes the wrong way LOL..
and when to comes to being ready for anything at first i just had my rod sitting there agenst a rock but i thought about it and found a few good size rocks to hold it down

F
FishFinger
That's awesome.... That's fishin' for ya... Never know what your gonna get, but sometimes it can be really, really big..... lol.

Remember: Always expect the unexpected and accept the unacceptable.

Y
youngbuck307
i really like that quote... and think im about to go hit it agen after i try for some salmon/steelhead

F
FishKiller23
youngbuck307 said:
i really like that quote... and think im about to go hit it agen after i try for some salmon/steelhead

Well now your hooked bro... I'll be fishing for sturgeon soon once I get back. Glad u hooked into some!

Y
youngbuck307
yea got into another today... broke the reel you gave me.. sorry dude but atleast it was on a fish... im going to have to use my other one that kinda f********d up... i just need to pick up a set up from you... to bad your not home i could use it tomorrow. o well ill make it work with what i got...

Last edited by a moderator:
P
plunkme
share me some of your secret spots :D the only place i have really caught a legal size fish is bonneville, and last time a i tried the willamette near mary youngs state park the guy next to me caught a legal size and a shaker while i cought nothing... im trying to look for a place close by to my house to fish sturgeon.. which i live near sunnyside give me a holla maybe ill go with you in the morning or on one of my days off

M
metalmania
plunkme said:
share me some of your secret spots :D the only place i have really caught a legal size fish is bonneville, and last time a i tried the willamette near mary youngs state park the guy next to me caught a legal size and a shaker while i cought nothing... im trying to look for a place close by to my house to fish sturgeon.. which i live near sunnyside give me a holla maybe ill go with you in the morning or on one of my days off

Mary youngs has fish, but there are an absolute ton of crap fish in there. BTW was the guy a spanish fellow, that guy always seems to be out there. Powers marine park has some fish, but they all seem to be down at the end. I banked a nice 30 incher down there and lost another, so there definitely in there.

Y
youngbuck307
plunkme said:

im sorry dude but one thing the guy made me promise befor he gave up the spot was not to tell everyone were its at!!! Its one of the last few honey holes that not everyone knows about.... never seen anyone els there, but beer cans from some a$$ hole:mad::naughty:.... dang there were a few that hadent evan been opened yet was going to take them :clap::dance::clap:but forgot them :(kuz they are kinda tucked behind a rock....

T
The Nothing
I might have a spare i'll bring along. i'm not sure

Y
youngbuck307
well i got one put on there that should work now!!! and im runing a lil late but ill be there

F
FishKiller23
youngbuck307 said:
im sorry dude but one thing the guy made me promise befor he gave up the spot was not to tell everyone were its at!!! Its one of the last few honey holes that not everyone knows about.... never seen anyone els there, but beer cans from some a$$ hole:mad::naughty:.... dang there were a few that hadent evan been opened yet was going to take them :clap::dance::clap:but forgot them :(kuz they are kinda tucked behind a rock....

I know that SPOT SHHH lol. The Nothing has a few spots that seem to be good. I wish I could get out more.... but it is what it is. So Tom make sure to save me some Sturgeon man dont kill em all!