Big feeshes! 07/25--07/26

J
JeannaJigs
Was camping at Hills Creek this weekend, and fished saturday and sunday near the inlet. SUPER HOT. I don't remember what the water temp was, but it was 98 and 99 degrees with very little wind. The water is starting to get nasty, it's resembling Odell the last time I was up there a week before they called the blue green algae bloom, I suspect an algea bloom will be full blown in a week or two at Hill's Creek. However, that didn't impede the fishing at all!

The fishing was hot! I was surprised. Not so much during the middle of the day, but 9-12 and 5-8. Smallest fish I kept was 15 inches. There were a lot of smolt wreaking havoc, chasing lures bigger than they were, and a few small natives that were released. One such native had three leaders hanging out of it's mouth...not the sharpest tool in the shed, that one...or just extremely unlucky, though perhaps he IS lucky because he's a native and gets to go back while his fin clipped cousins went night night in my cooler.

The biggest fish of the day though was 19" and as I was getting ready to bonk him, holding him with a slippery wet towel...he pulled some ninja trout moves and made it back into the water, super mad I was! But then I had another fifteen incher on, and it was all good!

I will have some pictures when I get home from the work place later tonight.

Altogether we went home with 12 fish 15-17", that's a lot of meat...I will be eating well all week! Mmmm grilled trout. I'm salivating already.

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Look,purdy blue flowers in da water....

Look,purdy blue flowers in da water....

JeannaJigs;
Good to hear you haven't lost your touch. Next time,take more towels...:lol: I might have gone in after a 19 incher and I do not swim. Sounds like you had a great time. I swear,one of these days I'm going to make it to Odell myself. :pray:
Good to have you back online. Did you get your 'puter fixed? I know,you're at work...shhhh...the one that got fried in the blanket? :rolleyes: And I'm assuming you are finished with your move to the new house. Congrats on getting it done before the heat wave.
Later,Tater.
Be safe.
Barb

J
JeannaJigs
Well, kinda sorta done moving. I have a couple big pieces of furniture left and some ink stains in my dryer (black ink gel pens aren't supposed to go through the wash and the dryer) to clean up and then i'll be done.

The furniture is just stuff I sold and am waiting on the buyer to come get it. So basically all done, and it's a relief!

My laptop is still dead, but soon it'll be fixed.

J
JeannaJigs
Pikshures

Pikshures

So the pictures of just the fish ended up being video clips because my friend doesn't know how to use my camera lol. So, unfortunately, you get me in the pictures with the fishies.

These are just my 4 that I kept to keep my cooler company, other fish were retained by the other members of my group. :) Good weekend.

F
fishnquest
Nice job on the fish. Looks like a nice place to be. I just love those tall, pretty, green things that surround the water up there.

M
mlw
Is that a doggy life jacket?
Nice fish!
Michael

Y
yellowjacket
Best Bait?

Best Bait?

JeannaJigs said:
So the pictures of just the fish ended up being video clips because my friend doesn't know how to use my camera lol. So, unfortunately, you get me in the pictures with the fishies.

These are just my 4 that I kept to keep my cooler company, other fish were retained by the other members of my group. :) Good weekend.

Looked in the reg book, didn't see anything about wiener dogs. Whats the best bait, anything that hits the floor?! :D
MMMMM trout on the grill, coriander, redfish blackening- light sprinkle, and a dash of cracked red pepper, what heaven must taste like!!

J
JeannaJigs
fishnquest said:
Nice job on the fish. Looks like a nice place to be. I just love those tall, pretty, green things that surround the water up there.

It was an awesome place to be when it was 100 degrees! Those tall green things are a nice bonus :)

J
JeannaJigs
mlw said:
Is that a doggy life jacket?
Nice fish!
Michael
It is a doggy life jacket lol. The stupid dog can't swim, she sinks, and she goes absolutely insane when there's a fish on, she has jumped in to get them several times....it's insane, one day I will have to get a video of it. Never have I ever seen a dog with such a high prey drive, as when that dog gets a glimpse of a fish...hell she gets excited when we real in heavy lures...the anticipation kills her lol. It's hysterical.

J
JeannaJigs
yellowjacket said:
Looked in the reg book, didn't see anything about wiener dogs. Whats the best bait, anything that hits the floor?! :D
MMMMM trout on the grill, coriander, redfish blackening- light sprinkle, and a dash of cracked red pepper, what heaven must taste like!!
Best bait for that weiner is a fish! She goes nuts. I cooked up one of my fish last night on the grill in my dad's special recipe homemade teriyaki sauce and ohhhh god it was heaven!!!

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Chick in the pic

Chick in the pic

Wait a minute,who's the chick in the pic? :think: We all know Jeanna has pink hair! :rolleyes: :shock: Who are you and what did you do with Jeanna?! :naughty: :lol: :lol:

Be safe.
Barb

J
JeannaJigs
Raincatcher said:
Wait a minute,who's the chick in the pic? :think: We all know Jeanna has pink hair! :rolleyes: :shock: Who are you and what did you do with Jeanna?! :naughty: :lol: :lol:

Be safe.
Barb
Thank god the pink is gone! LOL. It was supposed to be RED! It will be some weird color again next week :) Thinkin' blue. yes. Blue.

W
womanwhofishes
we saw your boat and NICE camp spot!
to bad we didn't know it was you..maybe you saw us?( red suv driving madly around?) lol
wwf

J
JeannaJigs
Lol might've seen your ride, there were a lot of people driving madly around. I was pretty much off in my own little world roasting to death all weekend, not really observant much lol. The camp spot despite being right on the road, was awesome. Shade all day, and good water access.

N
novicewila
was your camp spot right before the bridge with the small stream of water running out of the culvert by the camp site? If you did you left a very clean site and I want to think you ; we nabbed it sunday afternoon and didn't have to clean up after anyone this time. Nice not to see toliet paper and dirty baby diepers. We did good fishing when the weather finally coolled off.

J
JeannaJigs
novicewila said:
was your camp spot right before the bridge with the small stream of water running out of the culvert by the camp site? If you did you left a very clean site and I want to think you ; we nabbed it sunday afternoon and didn't have to clean up after anyone this time. Nice not to see toliet paper and dirty baby diepers. We did good fishing when the weather finally coolled off.
Nope it wasn't, ours was a up the road about 1/4 of a mile if that, but we did leave a clean campsite. Someone before us decided to use the bushes as an outhouse....haha it's kinda funny that they chose where they did, as it was all poison oak...bet they had fun when they got home. Karma.

H
Hooked on fishin'
JeannaJigs said:

what kind of fish is that red furry one?lol We have a doxie too! Great dogs!

J
JeannaJigs
Hooked on fishin' said:
what kind of fish is that red furry one?lol We have a doxie too! Great dogs!
I have never in my life seen a dog so obsessed with fish. She will not stop until she has it in her mouth chewing on it (which poses a problem!) so we have to get 'em on the stringer and out of sight as quickly as possible...then there are the times she jumps out of the boat trying to get the ones we C&R....special dog, real special lol. It all started when I got her a squeak toy at the pet store that was a rainbow trout....that was a big mistake...it looked too real. So now she thinks they'll all squeak.

H
Hooked on fishin'
We do not have a boat so our pup has not jumped in yet. He does not care much for water, although he can swim. He likes to lick the fish, kinda weird, he will also bark like crazy at them! Luckily he does not chew on them, which is surprising 'cuz he chews anything else he can get his teeth on!!