Slow today on the Siuslaw

F
Finneus Polebender
Saw around 45 boats on the water today , we started at daylight and fished till 3pm . Only saw 6 fish landed all day ,and about the same number movin around . Thinking the next blast of rain might light it up . Talked to a few avid types and got reports of short bite turn ons last week and weekend still hearing spotty reports with a few sizeable ones. The coho numbers are down from last year so far . Hopefully things will improve in the next few weeks. Was a gorgeous day though sure beats workin!!!!

E
everett464
By all accounts, this was a crabbing weekend, and not a fishing weekend. I was camping in florence, and while I didn't fish, a lot of the people we were camping with did. The only fish I saw come back into camp was a giant 19" rainbow, caught in some lake ( I am blanking on the name) just outside of town. My friends did get about 40 crab in 9 pots in the estuary at Honeyman.

L
luddite
I don't feel so bad being skunked. thanks

F
Finneus Polebender
everett464 said:
By all accounts, this was a crabbing weekend, and not a fishing weekend. I was camping in florence, and while I didn't fish, a lot of the people we were camping with did. The only fish I saw come back into camp was a giant 19" rainbow, caught in some lake ( I am blanking on the name) just outside of town. My friends did get about 40 crab in 9 pots in the estuary at Honeyman.

Funny my son asked if the crabbing was good now on the way home from fishin yesterday.

R
rippin fish lips
The crabbing is getting better. It should be really good sometime in the next few weeks. Going up to the umpqua to crab and troll for then chinook and coho.

M
muggers29536
The Slaw

The Slaw

Havent fished the Siuslaw in a couple of years. Are c/p herring, or Brads, still the go to bait - behind dodgers or flashers? Anyone using Blue Foxes - if so - what colors? Several years ago the Siuslaw used to be my River of choice living in Eugene. Has the Tiernan boat ramp been improved? Or is it just as easy putting in at Florence? I know, so many questions...... so little time !!