Commonwealth Lake Fishing

B
beaverfan
Ya I wouldn't think there would be many if any cutthroat in the stream there. They do stock it several times a year with far larger fish than that. Before free fishing weekend they usually put a couple hundred brooders in there as well as putting some nice 14-16 inch fish in at least once a year. I don't know why they don't ever put the larger stockings up on stocking schedule but they DO happen. I have seen them the previous three years. And caught a bunch of them too.

P
pdx89
you might be right, i just dont fish that pond all to much, for a few reasons.... but they seem to dump the bigger fish closer to the winter/fall, when the water cools.... long story short that pond does not seem like an idel body of water for trout. Not there, but at other lakes i have caught trout in the summer, with very small worms/maggots, and like red-orange blisters on the body:(
thats one of the main reasons they stop dumping trout into that and other small ponds in summer

W
wrestlerstud32
so i was just wonder where this pond is...
could this possibly be it??

Google Maps

thanks!!

W
wrestlerstud32
awesome! thanks!
i doubt they caught a native cutthroat in that ugly looking thing.. does this pond and commonwealth have some good bass fishing in them?

N
Noahk
I've never seen any warm water fish in either. I'd head down to the St Louis Ponds down in Woodburn. I was down there on Friday and the bass were starting to get active. I've seen some pretty decent sized bass down there and lots of little guys. There are a number of different ponds at the park you could try. I've never actually fished there for bass but I would think you could do decent there.

C
chris61182
I wouldn't completely discount the possibility of there being cutts around in some of those streams. I know for a fact there are cutts in Gales and Dairy creeks, McKay and Rock creeks both look quite fishy in many places as well, so who knows, maybe even Johnson and Cedar Mill creeks have a few here and there as well.

W
wrestlerstud32
Does Bethany have any creek running through it? Also i hear that there are some big bass and trout in canby pond. Last week I caught a 13 in. Rainbow in there. Saw a bunch rising too, might bring my fly rod next time and try both the river and the pond.

B
beaverfan
Ya I believe Bethany is on Rock Creek. If you are under 18 then Canby pond is great but only open for kids. There are bass in both Commonwealth and Bethany. There are signs around Commonwealth that say during the warms summer months they stock it with bass, catfish, and crappie.

T
tAkeshi
hello hello all... commonwealth will be stocked on the week of the 20th... double since last month's was missed. Me and my friend called and got the info. As far as the cut throat pulled out of there i have a pic of it, because i was there.=).. rainy day too... im not sure if its the same one... but this was huge... like mind blowing... it was last year.
185th betthany pond we been pulling trout last week ...yeah it seems fished out... but there is a couple big ones like someoen mentioned.... also pulled a couple big bass last year... pics once i get em off my phone.

-tA

B
beaverfan
Thanks for the update, I can't wait to get out to Commonwealth. The park volunteer made it sound like it was more recent than last year. Could very well be the same fish. But if one were caught it's entirely possible that two were caught.

B
beaverfan
Well looks like tomorrow or Thursday will be the day they will stocking Commonwealth. Can't wait should be fun. I got my spinners ready to roll. Probably stop by tomorrow around noon or so and see if there's any action.

A
Anyfishisfine
beaverfan said:
Well looks like tomorrow or Thursday will be the day they will stocking Commonwealth. Can't wait should be fun. I got my spinners ready to roll. Probably stop by tomorrow around noon or so and see if there's any action.

You literally posted this update while I was typing up a message asking if there had been an update. Good work!

I was planning on going tomorrow morning to check it out. It sounds like I should shoot for Bethany till the end of the week. Are they still going to double stock it?

B
beaverfan
I don't know if it's going to be double or not, but if the last couple years are any indication then it both Bethany and Commonwealth will probably be stocked tomorrow. It almost always seems to be on Wed.

N
Noahk
I'll be at common wealth tomorrow night if they drop the fish off. The rods are in the car :)

A
Anyfishisfine
Sweet. I might try both then. I'll keep an eye out for a Beavers fan. If you see me I'll be the guy with a goldendoodle pup tagging along.

P
pdx89
good luck fellows :)
let me know how well you do, thanks:cool:

P
PDXKush
I might drop bye there in a few hours to toss some spinners in. Too close to pass up.

B
beaverfan
Well I'm not going, I just got off the phone with ODFW and they said it probably won't be stocked today. I will call back later once they post the confirmed stockings for the day and if by chance it was stocked I will head out this evening. They said it would most likely be tomorrow.

P
PDXKush
Thanks for the info Beaver. Saved me a drive. Let me know when they stock it and we'll get over there and pick em off :). Peace Kush