Salish Pond Trout Fishing

F
FishSchooler
Jeez Loueez, you people making Salish seem like the best feeshery in the world. Last time I was there, I was the only one that caught a FEESH! err... a sculpin...
I'll have to try it sometime when Im a shadding.

T
Troutier Bassier
Yeah, Hahahahahaha scaulpin are sooo easy to catch there. I literally caught 12 there one time. all you need is a small hook and a worm to fit on it. drop it on a hole or some weedbeds and fish on!

F
FishSchooler
It took me like 2 hours... :lol: I was at the first corner right next to the entrance is where I caught it (west pond). Was about to leave, so I reeled in my line and there was a small brown blob right on the end! :lol: I didn't want to leave my first weird fish go, so I helped the pond and kept it as a pet for 2 weeks before releasing it into a different pond. I made like 10 bucks because my brother bet that it would die the next day and the next day... and so on. I dunno what it ate, so I tried feeding it shrimp, bits of fish, and worms by holding it and sticking a tiny morsel in its mouth. Then it would chomp up and down. :lol: Few rock huts and 3 gallons of water in a 5 gallon bucket cleaned every 3 days did the job. I meeese it now... :(:lol:

T
Troutier Bassier
....Good story, I bet you couldent keep a bass that long. they wont eat anything.

F
FishSchooler
Troutier Bassier said:
....Good story, I bet you couldent keep a bass that long. they wont eat anything.

A bass in a 5 gallon bucket? Go fi(sh)gure... Bass eat everything! Once I dig a pond, any cold water feeshes (maybe warm water in the summers) will be in there... Gonna have some cats to eat the algae, trout as the main feeshies, a little bit of minnows for the food, some bluegill to eats up all the bugs, and maybe some bass... they might eat all my other feesh. Also some crayfish.

M
mgdguy
I'm with you Schooler - been there a few times and never had any luck :rolleyes: I'm going to try to take my kids there tomorrow though. Sounds like it's well stocked right now!

M
mgdguy
Well I did get the kids out there this afternoon. WAY too much pressure on that little pond. And the sun came out and the bite was off. Combined with the patience of a four year old (or lack of), made for an unsuccessful day.

Next time I will be just me and the nine year old, early morning this weekend...

T
Troutier Bassier
no no no!

Not early in the morning. No!

Late in the evening!

More Brooders Caught at that time, Less sun. More fun!

M
mgdguy
Troutier Bassier said:
no no no!

Not early in the morning. No!

Late in the evening!

More Brooders Caught at that time, Less sun. More fun!

Yes but will there be ANY place left to cast?? (especially for an inexperienced 9 year old?) :think:

T
Troutier Bassier
Depends how late you go. If you go in the early morning there will still be quite a few people there. Anyways, if you go late you can ask around wwhere everyone was caching the most fish and what they were using, Then when they leave you cast your rod out where they wer and get your camp set up. lol

M
mgdguy
Troutier Bassier said:
Depends how late you go. If you go in the early morning there will still be quite a few people there. Anyways, if you go late you can ask around wwhere everyone was caching the most fish and what they were using, Then when they leave you cast your rod out where they wer and get your camp set up. lol

thanks for the advice. So they aren't biting in the morning at all? :think:

T
Troutier Bassier
Yeah they are. I caught my Brooders around 2-5p.m usually, And the other bigger ones I cacth in the evening. When the sun is out you might as well leave for a while. They dont bite at all on the heat of the sunnn.

M
mgdguy
Troutier Bassier said:
Yeah they are. I caught my Brooders around 2-5p.m usually, And the other bigger ones I cacth in the evening. When the sun is out you might as well leave for a while. They dont bite at all on the heat of the sunnn.

Yep that was our problem today. Thanks again :) I think we will be out there Monday morning only because our evenings are full this holiday weekend!

T
Troutcatcher
Went there again today Caught my limit with power bait, for me they were doing a lot of biting when the sun was out then the bites slowed down when the sun went down. for some people its dfferent.

T
Troutier Bassier
yeppp. Good job.

F
FishSchooler
Or you could have your friend catch all the fish and then tell someone that people are catching tons of beeg feesh over there, then take their spot. :lol:

T
Troutier Bassier
I Have A Question???

I Have A Question???

Is there carp in salish ponds??? If there is PLEASE, I BEG OF YOU to message me on how to catch them. Thanks Because i live across the street from salish pond. so I dont want to go to blue or fairview lake anymore. so yeahhh

F
FishSchooler
Probably in the east side... i dunno

T
Troutier Bassier
Well I have been hearing a lot about it and dunno if its true????