Where is the next state record LM coming from?

F
Fishtopher
I dont know about Large, but I'll give my nickel on the Smallies...Willamette River between the Falls in OC, and Waterfront Park.;)

T
TTFishon
I work with a guy that claims he's caught several 9 pounders in a stretch of the Willamette River along Peoria Rd.

A
adambomb
I can't say where the next record will come from, but i know where to find several that would be 12lbs plus. 72 acres of water, private, just outside carlton. i caught four 6-8 pounders the last time i was there. No S**T, i caught about 40 LMB in 5 hours from my float tube. my buddy who has access to this lake has personally witnessed a 10lb 6oz hog, on the scale. I hooked into two that snapped my 8lb line like nothing. you should have seen it, a couple of the big ones that i caught literally spun me around in a circle.

O
OBP Turtle 33
8lb test is not tough for bass to break at all anything bigger than 3-4lbs in 8lb I would be a bit worried

Troutski
Troutski
Wildish Ponds...

Wildish Ponds...

My bet would be the Wildish Ponds fed by the Middle Fork of the Willy near Eugene, around Mt. Pisga. During the high water in the Fall and Spring these ponds are flooded and new food is washed into them. If you already know the whereabouts of these ponds you know what I am talking about. My largest Large Mouth came out of one of these, along with trophy Blue Gil and Crappie...wonderful place for a float tube.. If you are reading this Dicroic show them the pictures...mind blowing. Summer angling at its best...on the fly or spinning gear.

Chuck

B
bass_master
No doubt in my mind the State record will come out of the Long Tom River and it will be caught by me or my brother!

T
TTFishon
bass_master said:
No doubt in my mind the State record will come out of the Long Tom River and it will be caught by me or my brother!

What's the biggest bass you or your brother has caught in the long tom?

F
Finneus Polebender
TTFishon said:

my personal best out of that ditch is 3.5lbsright below the dam ,caught one 3lbs out of junction city . Use to hammer the big crappie as a kid in JC every other fish was a crappie or an 8-10" bass then once when the stars all aligned got 1- 3 lber. there are bass and much backwater untouched but Im kinda thinkin your gonna need some serious luck to make that long tom idea work

E
everato1234
Where....

Where....

are the Large mouth or small mouth bass being caught on the Willamette river?

T
TTFishon
everato1234 said:
are the Large mouth or small mouth bass being caught on the Willamette river?

If you're asking me then they are LM.

F
Finneus Polebender
TTFishon said:
If you're asking me then they are LM.

havent heard of smallmouth in the willamette down here . have caught 1 dinky LM in the river at skinners butte park only experience ive ever had with willamette bass

T
TTFishon
Finneus Polebender said:
havent heard of smallmouth in the willamette down here . have caught 1 dinky LM in the river at skinners butte park only experience ive ever had with willamette bass

Supposedly there's smallmouth in the coast fork and at the nude beach.

F
FishSlayer420
My buddy caught a 3 to 4 pound smallie in the willy by the old brings recyclin plant by MT.Pisgah. No joke it was crazy it was at the mouth of where one of the ponds flows into the river in the wildish ponds. I think i have a pic somewhere i will post it as soon as i find it. thats the only smallie that i have seen down here.

F
FishSlayer420
Beat me too it

B
bass_master
TTFishon said:

I just caught a 15 incher which was probably a few pounds and last season I caught a 17 inch and my brother got a 21 inch bass... we really need to invest in a scale though because I don't know how much they weighed.

F
Finneus Polebender
FishSlayer420 said:
My buddy caught a 3 to 4 pound smallie in the willy by the old brings recyclin plant by MT.Pisgah. No joke it was crazy it was at the mouth of where one of the ponds flows into the river in the wildish ponds. I think i have a pic somewhere i will post it as soon as i find it. thats the only smallie that i have seen down here.

Weird only one Ive heard of caught down here in the river . the only one Ive ever caught was below the dam at fern ridge 14" fought like a 3-4 lb LM

F
FishSlayer420
Yeah it was crazy we were catchin tons of trout and carp in this one spot with good ol worms on the bottom and that girl hit hard.

F
Finneus Polebender
Just went and measured

Just went and measured

bass_master said:
I just caught a 15 incher which was probably a few pounds and last season I caught a 17 inch and my brother got a 21 inch bass... we really need to invest in a scale though because I don't know how much they weighed.

the fish on my current profile pic was right around 22 " I am better at the weight game it was a fattie Id say almost 5 lbs , so you had at least a 4 + lb fish on the 21 " you caught most likely

G
GoneFishin2134
Lately I have been catching Smallies in the Columbia, on the rocks. Biggest one yet was a 4lb. I would say the next record for LM is going to be a private pond, by some lucky guy! I am going to definitely check out Lake Selmac.

M
macken
Interesting thread, record LM and where to find her. First, hi all this appears to be a very good forum and lool forward to sharing and getting ideas on the sport we live for.

The coast waters, I don't think so. We have good bass here in many lakes there seems to be a limit on size. I have yet to figure the reasons. 8-9 lbs happens enough to keep us hoping but it is very hard to go past this. Selmac, very well could produce a record fish. They are there. I know a little spot near medford that for my son a I has produced a 8.15 and a 9.3 in one day. Any water in the corridor has the potenial to give up a record fish. Central oregon is where I believe it could come from if we are talking public water and not Davis or Crane Prarie. The cold winters don't seem to slow them down and there is a huge food supply compared to say the coast. Not to mention little fishing pressure . The bass in eastern oregon have grown to love eating chubs.

Good fishing to all and all your turns left. ;)