What to use for Coho on Clack and Sandy

F
fisch
I tried spinners with no luck. I saw a lot of fish rolling, jumping, etc. and there were 6 of us using various spinners. I tried faster water but no luck. Would I be more successful using some other techniques? Drifting yarn, eggs? Maybe bobber and jig?

M
Mike123
EGGS. Haha I know I post that a lot, but hey, that's what works for those fish!
If out of eggs, use imitation eggs or yarn flies with good scent.

T
Troutier Bassier
I made 6 Yarn Flys Today! My first ones.
And Eggs get fish to bite when spinners dont?
Probally Fishschooler will Fish them out with his TCO's When he goes. :rolleyes:

F
FishSchooler
Troutier Bassier said:
I made 6 Yarn Flys Today! My first ones.
And Eggs get fish to bite when spinners dont?
Probally Fishschooler will Fish them out with his TCO's When he goes. :rolleyes:

Pshh Im still waiting for them... :rolleyes: ;)

Got pics of them yarnies?
Trying to tie them with sewing thread with no vise, fly tying materials, etc. is kinda tricky... :rolleyes:

T
Troutier Bassier
Yep, Sewing Thread.
And I Used a Hook Taker-Outer to hold the Hook as a Vice.
And you dont need Certain Materieals, Just Glo-Bug Yarn.

F
fisch
Thanks for all your responses. I will try EGGS next time I go and I will post the results.

O
osmosis
Eggs? nah, you need a 14 ft leader and a treble hook!
really eggs are my first choice also.

A
Anyfishisfine
osmosis said:
really eggs are my first choice also.

Anywhere local I can get some passable cured eggs to use until I get my first hen? One guy here was selling them, but he wasn't really local to me. Any brands you would recommend or stay away from?

K
koboabe
osmosis said:
Eggs? nah, you need a 14 ft leader and a treble hook!

haha... don't for get to set the hook like you mean it.

F
FishSchooler
Anyfishisfine said:
Anywhere local I can get some passable cured eggs to use until I get my first hen? One guy here was selling them, but he wasn't really local to me. Any brands you would recommend or stay away from?

Stay away from Guide's Choice... If you get it, you'll be fishin with liquid for bait!

I need some eggs too. Will Green Lable Pautzke's work?

O
osmosis
Unfortunately I've never seen a store bought egg that impressed me.
no pautzke's either, some people use them but I wouldnt.
I suggest to run spinners or wiggle warts or yarn or even corkies until you get that first hen, and then put some wizard cure or last supper on 'em. Then you'll be in business

M
metalfisher76
Hey guys, I don`t have much time on here but I have more eggs than I know what to do with. They are all fally eggs that I have gotten on the fly in Wa.

I live in SE so can meet up. I just tried to attach pics but it didn`t go. Have plenty of proof that I caught the fish.

Pictures by metalfisher76 - Photobucket these are from earlier this year at both of the E.C. located in OR. The steel came on a #4 blue fox and the springer egg patterns.

Try the ol` copy paste deal on my photobucket stuff or google me. I`ll be around.

I have 4 different cures, 2 of which work great some places and the other 2 here and there and so on.

O
osmosis
Generous offer, and I'm sure some guys will take you up on it. Are you really gonna give these away, or how much per quart are you hoping to recieve as donation?

I have a stand up freezer full of eggs otherwise I'd probably take you up on the offer as well :)

M
metalfisher76
osmosis said:
Generous offer, and I'm sure some guys will take you up on it. Are you really gonna give these away, or how much per quart are you hoping to recieve as donation?

I have a stand up freezer full of eggs otherwise I'd probably take you up on the offer as well :)

Take the eggs please!

But then, you were obviously hoping I was a mongrel, it seems to me.

Look, chances are none of you will ever see me cause we fish different places, different ways. I hope you ALL catch one, um period.

A
Anyfishisfine
I'll take you up on this for sure. Where/when shall we meet. That's awesome.

Osmosis was just asking what I was about to, a donation seems more than reasonable. Super generous of you in any case.

O
osmosis
evidentally misunderstood me through the flat screen, but no sweat on my end.

I thought you were doing something very cool, simple as that.

I would never give my eggs away - so I was shocked/impressed. I was certainly not hoping you were a mongrel hah, I'm not quite sure how you decided that from my post...

Last edited:
M
metalfisher76
osmosis said:
evidentally misunderstood me through the flat screen, but no sweat on my end.

I thought you were doing something very cool, simple as that.

I would never give my eggs away - so I was shocked/impressed. I was certainly not hoping you were a mongrel hah, I'm not quite sure how you decided that from my post...

Just a few drinks in me, prolly!:D

My bad.:cool:

M
metalfisher76
Anyfishisfine said:
I'll take you up on this for sure. Where/when shall we meet. That's awesome.

Osmosis was just asking what I was about to, a donation seems more than reasonable. Super generous of you in any case.

Going to the Kalama this morning. Will post/be on this afternoon/eve. Can do it then or tomorrow, maybe on some water?

Again I apologize, came from another board with lots of smart arses.:yay:

Here`s a couple of the fallies, fallen.
fallies09010-2.jpg

Last edited:
F
Fishtopher
I'd take you up on the offer too. In fact, heres my phone number incase anyone wants to give their eggs away, either free, or reasonable price!...or just wants to go fishin':lol:. Call anytime. As long as one of the first three words you say are fish/fishing, it dont matter if its 3am:).
503-764-6466...Chris

P
PacRat
Very kind metalfisher76! :clap:

I'd take you up on the offer as well. I live in Gladstone and work from home! Could meet up easily during the day!

PacRat