2 1/2 pounders stocked in # 3 & 6

N
nimzrock
I noticed on the odfw website that they had stocked ponds 3 and 6 with 700 2 1/2 pound rainbows. I gave it a try but only landed 3 12 inchers. I did see a couple dozen big boys pulled in. The fog was heavy when I arrived but when the sun first started burning through the bite was on. Small spinners, green power bait seemed to be the choice of the day. I donated quite a few $pinner$ before switching to tuna baitballs and some old roe I had left over. Hope you can get away and have some fun chasing a better than average rainbow.
Tight line - Nimz :cool:

G
Growbug
Thanks for the info.
Which page were you looking at?? and how many people were packed around the ponds?
How are the weeds in #3 looking?

------------
found the page
http://www.dfw.state.or.us/RR/willamette/

M
Modest_Man
So you can still go fish the ponds even though the gate is shut for the winter?

I do know that they killed off a bunch of the weeds a couple months ago, but I'm not sure what ponds ODFW did.

Answered my own question.

Ponds #3 and #6 are scheduled for stocking this week with 700 two-pound rainbow trout. The release date is tentatively set for Wednesday, Nov. 10. The gate to the entrance of the fishing park is now closed, although those who want can walk in to fish. In addition to the trout, the ponds contain resident bass, crappie, perch and catfish. St. Louis Ponds is a 240-acre fishing park comprised of seven ponds. The property is owned and managed by ODFW, and in addition to stocked trout contains several species of warmwater fish. The site is located west of the town of Gervais. Take St. Louis Road west to Tesch Lane, turn left and follow the road to the ponds.

http://www.dfw.state.or.us/RR/willamette/

Last edited:
M
Modest_Man
Heading out for about two hours. I'll let you know how productive it is.

M
Modest_Man
Got a whopper of a 4" largemouth bass. No one I talked to had caught anything.

S
shimano22
I went two days ago and caught two small 10-12 inch rainbows and tossed hem back, but two weeks ago when they stocked the ponds i pulled out 2 two pound rainbows my first time there and the next day caught 4 in like an hour so they are there for sure. power bait was working for some and i just had a bobber and worm, felt like a kid again. And yes fishing is open when the gates are closed i talked to some of the guys that stocked the place

S
Sgrunig90
I will maybe head out this Sunday, Superbowl weekend if weather permits. I wouldn't mind hooking up a few trout. To cold for some decent Catfishing sadly. I will post with the results. Hopefully they're good.

-Stephen