Lookee what I caught at Hagg

T
TimberTodd
While bringing a fish to the boat, My fishing partner asked is that your anchor line. I said nope and after releasing a feisty smallmouth, I grabbed the rope and started pulling it up. By the looks I'm figuring it was lost in the last few months. Pound for pound smallie's put up a way better fight.
IMG_0001.jpg

B
BaldTexan
Still a nice catch!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

S
sapo
Cool!

B
Big3d
Now is a great time to find treasure at hagg in the low water! Congrats on the find!

T
TimberTodd
Big3d said:
Now is a great time to find treasure at hagg in the low water! Congrats on the find!

You are so correct on the low water. Some areas I could easily see bottom 60 yds from shore. There was a lot of soft plastics hanging in an old snag out from Scoggins arm.

B
Berg03
was that about 20 ft off the dam near the end?

T
troutmasta
Nice catch Todd, how'd it taste?

T
TimberTodd
troutmasta said:
Nice catch Todd, how'd it taste?

It set a little heavy. I think it was loaded with iron!

T
TimberTodd
Berg03 said:
was that about 20 ft off the dam near the end?

It was up the lake aways from Ramp A. Did you loose one?

B
Berg03
lol! no i bet its the same one, i hooked into one while trolling and dove down to unhook my swimbait lol. This was when the water was high. The rope looks the same so it could be. I tried to get it loose but couldnt get it up. The rope was about 10ft from the surface at that point. I had to dive for my lure cuz it was a 18$ swimbait haha

Chromatose
Chromatose
Glad you got out and wet a line TT. The only thing I am curious about is, how you get that to fit in a smoker?

T
TimberTodd
Chromatose said:
Glad you got out and wet a line TT. The only thing I am curious about is, how you get that to fit in a smoker?

Mark, the Little Chief is out. You would need the old school fridge converted to a smoker!

hobster
hobster
I found one of those this summer as well. While crawdading at the Slaw, i came across a drift boat anchor with the rope torn about 4 feet up ( along with about 20 spinners) earlier this year. If its yours, tell me where you lost it and i'd be glad to returm it.

Chromatose
Chromatose
I am thinking there might be a little room in the lower right hand corner.

smoked-salmon-rack-full_zps7eb0f04a.png

T
TimberTodd
You would have plenty of room if you were to hand all of that out to your friends. Looks quite tastey.:thumb: