Trout eating dragonflies

P
playhooky
Too Awesome!! Thanks for posting this.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

T
TimberTodd
That is a very cool video!

B
billfisher
WOW! Nice find!

troutdude
troutdude
SUPERB!!!!! Thank you for sharing.

Back in the 80's--while fishing at Marion Lake--I got to witness trout literally leaping, several feet straight in the air! They were like guided torpedos; and ground zero were the salmon flies--hovering above the turbulent creek's outflow. Being up close, like this, is why I like to FISH!!!

P.S. I did not fish, in Marion Creek. Doing so was illegal back then; and it still is.

B
BaldTexan
Great video!!! Now to figure out a hovering dragonfly rig!

Saw SRCs in Nehalem Bay shooting out of the water like torpedoes last fall in the afternoon. Fun to watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

S
Snagglehook
BaldTexan, this may be half-baked (alright, it's downright runny batter), and people may, ok, will laugh, but I think we can get a new thing going: balloon fishing. Like a reverse downrigger we can tie a helium balloon to specially weighted fly (ha!) lures to make them hover at different heights.

People laughed at the Wright brothers.

hobster
hobster
Awesome :thumb: I like the end when he sets the hook, excellent quality filming.

S
Stonefish
Nice video.
I've been fortunate to have gotten to fish some pretty epic damsel and dragon hatches in the past.
Something about a trout taking an adult damsel or dragon.....
One lake we fish has a great hatch of reddish / brown dragons in the fall. The fish seem to miss About half the time or knock them out of the air without eating them. If you place your cast near the rise ring, they'll come back looking for the bug and the takes awesome.
SF

bass
bass
Wow, that is one of the most amazing fish videos I have ever seen. David Attenborough should be narrating that!!