What? A hatchery, from the Clack?

C
ChezJfrey
I've hooked over a dozen fish from the Clack this winter...this is the second fish on the tag from that bunch. Crazy.

IMAG0044.jpg

O
OnTheDrop
Looks similar to that one the other day!

N
Native Fisher
Looks chunky, should be good eating, great work!

C
ChezJfrey
SteelmonKiller20 said:
Looks similar to that one the other day!

Hehehe, yeah, I thought the exact same thing when I banked it...near duplicate of yours.

D
DrTheopolis
These days, I
whenever I fish the Clack, it's with my buddy in his driftboat (we've been fishing together for 25 years, since we were young'uns). In the trips this year, I think between everybody, we've landed 6 this calendar year (which isn't very good). I believe 5 of those were clipped. The last couple of hatcheries were small, and none have been over about 7 pounds.

Nice you got to keep one.

J
Jordy
I'm not going to do much for the thesis. I have been in the neighborhood of 50/50 which is about right compared to most years on the clack. I haven't been fishing nearly as much as I would like but I haven't seen any boats or bank fisherman with fish after a few dozen quick trips.

C
ChezJfrey
DrTheopolis said:
These days, I
whenever I fish the Clack, it's with my buddy in his driftboat (we've been fishing together for 25 years, since we were young'uns). In the trips this year, I think between everybody, we've landed 6 this calendar year (which isn't very good). I believe 5 of those were clipped. The last couple of hatcheries were small, and none have been over about 7 pounds.

Nice you got to keep one.

Granted, I've lost about half my fish this winter, but of the banked fish, they've almost all been wild for me, which is odd when comparing my usual Clack experience of mostly hatchery. And of all the fish I've witnessed from others, a large majority of wilds so far...just a strange season. Usually, my numbers are more like yours with a healthy hatchery majority.

M
Modest_Man
So far spawning in Clackamas tributaries this year is above the five year average for this period of the spawning season. AKA there are more wild fish around. Not sure about hatchery numbers.

J
JonT
Nice one

T
troutmasta
Nice fish Chez,

Looked for tonight on our drift, didn't see you.

C
ChezJfrey
troutmasta said:
Nice fish Chez,

Looked for tonight on our drift, didn't see you.

So what are you saying? You were trying to pull a Campbell on me? ;)

Wasn't out today...maybe Thursday and/or Friday. But, the water is gettin' loooowwwwww. Still a couple spots that should hold fish though.

T
troutmasta
ChezJfrey said:
So what are you saying? You were trying to pull a Campbell on me? ;)

Wasn't out today...maybe Thursday and/or Friday. But, the water is gettin' loooowwwwww. Still a couple spots that should hold fish though.
Lol! ;)

D
DrTheopolis
My buddy took a couple of business clients out yesterday (great way to schmooze). He sent me pics in the afternoon -- 2/2, both clipped.

I guess I'll chalk up the percentage of hatchery me and mine are getting compared to you guys as coincidence... I guess. Although most, but not all of the fish have come on plugs, but I can't see where that would matter much.