Any thoughts on bobber fishing for nooks on the Siuslaw?

Q
qwapaw
We have bobber fished a lot up by Mapleton, but now my boat is to big to put in there unless you can hit high tide on the nose. I have heard people bobber fish just above the dairy hole. Any truth to that? We'll see ya on the river I will be in a 20' Alumiweld with a 150 hp Black Max on the back. Tight Lines Qwapaw.

S
seekanddestory
Did really good on the 101 bridge at reedsport area

S
Steel4life
Not sure where the dairy hole is but I have caught salmon from head of tide to about 600yards upriver on the old railroad tracks bobber fishing with sandshrimp.

Q
qwapaw
Thanks, and also it is tough to get a long trailer with a full sized truck in and out of Tiernam. Not much room in there for sure. I guess I will just motor up river from Florence. Tight lines. Qwa

E
eugene1
qwapaw said:
We have bobber fished a lot up by Mapleton, but now my boat is to big to put in there unless you can hit high tide on the nose. I have heard people bobber fish just above the dairy hole. Any truth to that?

I see a lot of bobbers being used in the Mapleton to Tiernan section. I prefer to troll, but I'm sure bobbers work all over the river.

Good luck,

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
qwapaw said:
Thanks, and also it is tough to get a long trailer with a full sized truck in and out of Tiernam. Not much room in there for sure. I guess I will just motor up river from Florence. Tight lines. Qwa

what about the Lane County launch (Mapleton Landing) at Steelhead Drive? It is much better than Tiernan, straight in and out and good parking for long rigs...

down lower, just up from Cushman, we definitely see Guide Boats stopping to bobber fish now and then, I recon when the trolling isn't producing and/or when the guide wants a break to eat some lunch...:D

Q
qwapaw
Thanks guys, all good ideas. Now to trick the fish. Dan

S
seekanddestory
Lots of boats every were a7uhezur.jpge8uje2e4.jpg

E
eugene1
Looks like the corner on the Umpqua.

Good luck,

seekanddestory said:
Lots of boats every were[/IMG]

S
seekanddestory
It sure is blood alley

E
eugene1
Awesome, my favorite place!

seekanddestory said:
It sure is blood alley

S
seekanddestory
Ya lots of boats there having fun

S
seekanddestory
Went back Sunday out and landed these onese2ynyry5.jpgvy8yhypu.jpg

Q
qwapaw
seekanddestory said:
Went back Sunday out and landed these onese2ynyry5.jpgvy8yhypu.jpg

Was that inside last weekend? Thanks Qwapaw

S
steelhead_stalkers
Looks like Ocean fish to me.

S
seekanddestory
Out side in about 130 feet south of the red can

F
fordmaan
I am thinking about going fishing at mouth of sandy in the morning (bank fishing) any thoughts on gear? I haven't been in a few years but thought I would try corkies/ yarn
and a bobber

E
eugene1
fordmaan said:
I am thinking about going fishing at mouth of sandy in the morning (bank fishing) any thoughts on gear? I haven't been in a few years but thought I would try corkies/ yarn
and a bobber

Wrong thread?

S
steelhead_stalkers
seekanddestory said:
Out side in about 130 feet south of the red can

Awesome!

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
eugene1 said:
Wrong thread?

this thread took a left turn at Albequerque long ago...