charlieb
Here is a map to the ponds .It is in jpeg. formatt

• StLouisPondsMap.jpg
S
sapo
thanks, and welcome to the forum!

C
coyo7e
I've never been up to the area before, is the "dog training area" on the south edge private property, or is it an off-leash space?

C
charlieb
The dog training area is on the park grounds.There are small ponds there for the dog trainers to swim the dogs in,and there are overflow fish in these ponds that can be fished.

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Welcome to the forum, charlieb! Not sure how I missed this thread to begin with, but I'm glad I found it. Is the dog training area completely fenced in? Is there a fee to use it and, finally, are dogs allowed to run free or do they have to be leashed? Thanks! :thumb:

C
charlieb
This is a county park there are no fees.The dog park is not fenced,the dogs are allowed to run free an swim in the small ponds there,but must be on leash in the fishing area,and cannt be in the water.

M
Modest_Man
The dog training area is for hunters training waterfowl dogs. I don't think I'd just take my pooch there to run around and play in the ponds (like an off-leash dog park). The times I've seen guys with dogs there it's pretty rigorous training with decoys and guns with blanks.