North Santiam evening bite

D
davep
Thought I would try the evening bite at the ofc powerline hole ....caught a few trout till the sun went down and then bammmmm...black #3 with yellow spots..hooked 3 in the last 40 minutes ...I was surprised being below the truck back point but summers seem to hang out up and down the river...not a single hit till the (steel) the sun was down....

O
osmosis
Good to hear they are still down there. Gotta love black spinners.

they got more wild fish than they had anticipated at the hatchery, so the last I heard (from the hatchery workers) was that they had stopped recycling fish until they figure out what to do with all the wild fish.
packsaddle was pretty dang loaded with fish the last time I went since the hatchery had closed the trap. Maybe they got the wild fish deal sorted out by now..

D
davep
Funny you say that buddy...the two fish I landed were nates...who knows about the other one....Lets make a plan to go above the ofc one of these evenings...see if we can make a few jump...

K
Kodiak
hey OSmo...they won't be recycling until the 18th. Everything caught below mehama is going to be fresh fish, they don't recycle below the boat ramp at mehama any more.

B
bigsteel
is the powerline hole in mehama???

T
The Tightest Line
Are u guys talking about off the Bridge by the Gingerbread house?