Any fishing clubs in the Grants Pass area?

W
wayamauro
Hi everyone, I was wondering if anybody knows of any fishing clubs around here, the Grants Pass area. None of my friends like fishing. My wife hates fishing too and it seems that I can not find any fishing club around. This is frustrating and yes, i could go all by myself, but it is not the same. Plus, according to safety in fishing, you should always go with a pal in case of accident or something. Also what the heck, it is more enjoyable when it comes to share fishing with someone else, and tell the stories and what not.

Thanks everyone.

Martin

S
stoutstackle
clubs

clubs

there are a couple bass clubs in medford. such as crater bass and a couple more i can't remember the names of. i dont do the clubs because of all the politics that come with them. i have heard that crater bass club is a good one. just dont have time for meetings. there are several open tourneys around here. check in with pat at backlash tackle and she can give you any info you need on fishing clubs, tourneys or just whats going on at what lake.

S
smokin'salmon
there is the Middle Rogue Steelheaders that do a lot of different things even salmon derbys and kid fishing days they are on line so look them up, and if you ever need a fishin pal shoot me a PM and i will go. went to Selmac today (less crowded) with my 11 yr old boy and both limited out in 2 hours lots of fun

F
FarmerBass
Crater Bass
Southern Oregon Bass
And for some reason I can't think of the others. I believe there are atleast four different ones.

Larry

C
cavdad45
stoutstackle said:
check in with pat at backlash tackle and she can give you any info you need on fishing clubs, tourneys or just whats going on at what lake.

Backlash Tackle has to be one of the best tackle stores in Oregon, especially for the bass angler.

R
Razz
smokin'salmon said:
there is the Middle Rogue Steelheaders that do a lot of different things even salmon derbys and kid fishing days they are on line so look them up, and if you ever need a fishin pal shoot me a PM and i will go. went to Selmac today (less crowded) with my 11 yr old boy and both limited out in 2 hours lots of fun

GREAT group of people:clap:

W
wayamauro
Thanks everybody

Thanks everybody

Thank you for your help guys. I already found some nice people around Grants Pass...This guy is going to introduce me to the fly fishing club members as well. It will be great.

R
ret187det
The Middle Rogue Steelheaders is a large group but run by a select few. Very cliquey(sp) One of the board of directors threatened to kill me over a disagreement about the last salmom derby in September. Needless to say I have not attended a meeting since. I do not wish to attend if I have to be armed.
If you want to go fishing get in touch with me. I am a retired detective from a sheriff's dept. in Calif.