Lookout Point fishing

D
donjduck2
I was wondering if anyone has fished Lookout Point.I never see anyone fishing it when I drive by it on my way to Oakridge.I was just wondering if anyone has had any luck fishing it.I've thought about taking my toon up there and trying it.I was hoping someone could give me a little info on where to go on the lake and what species are in there.

J
joeyota
I have fished it a few times with little luck. I hear tails of good fishing though. I am trying to talk myself into fishing it on sunday, tryin to srape up enough gas money to get there and back?

J
joeyota
I am going in the morning! I will let you know if there are fish there tomorrow. I am going solo so if any one wants to join me give me a call anytime after daylight 953-1701 Joe. Be sure and leave message if I don't answer.

J
joeyota
donjduck2 said:
I was wondering if anyone has fished Lookout Point.I never see anyone fishing it when I drive by it on my way to Oakridge.I was just wondering if anyone has had any luck fishing it.I've thought about taking my toon up there and trying it.I was hoping someone could give me a little info on where to go on the lake and what species are in there.

I got the answer! There is no fish in this lake. I know this cause I was there all morning and did not catch a thing.

The fish finder says the fish are stacked along the dam as well up in the channel above the trestle.
I would not recommend making the trip from the dam to the trestle in your toon though it would take a wile. I think if one hit it rite or just knew how to fish it they would do pretty good.

J
JeannaJigs
There is good fishing to be had at lookout, some pretty decent rainbows in there, and I think they tossed some of those landlocked chinook in there as an added bonus. I wouldn't so much recommend it for 'toon use however. It can be done, but, it's really such a large (windy) body of water, that it's somewhat of a burden in a 'toon. I know I wouldn't want to take mine out there.