Wickiup trout fishing

T
Thuggin4Life
The judge let me turn myself in on monday morning instead of friday morning so I'll will see you up there. It will be me, Bfishin, and my brother in a white jeep with an OFF sticker in the back window.

T
TTFishon
Thuggin4Life said:
The judge let me turn myself in on monday morning instead of friday morning so I'll will see you up there. It will be me, Bfishin, and my brother in a white jeep with an OFF sticker in the back window.

I'm leaving this afternoon. I've decided not to bring my dog. Trying to wake up now and get things together. I might see you I might not. Either way I hope you have a good time.

T
Thuggin4Life
You too man good luck. Where are you gonna be camping at?

T
TTFishon
Somewhere on the Davis arm. I changed my mind about my dog so she's coming along. My buddy's coming too and he's bringing his dog also and she's black. I'm getting ready to leave here pretty soon. When are you leaving?

T
Thuggin4Life
Hoping to be packed up by 3 but i have to get my little bro from west eugene around 3:30 so go scenario 4 but most likely not until 4:30 so i google earthed Wickiup. Is the Davis arm the long skinny part on the west side with a bridge going over it? Also where are the campgrounds? And where would you troll for trout? Up the arm and into the lake? And were can I get my boat in? Thanks man.

F
FishSlayer420
Bang em out kids. Don't get struck by lightning:D

T
Thuggin4Life
Yeah Hopefully we get into something and don't get struck by lightning. Check the weather. Scattered T-Storms today partly cloudy tomorrow partly sunny sunday. We are going to have to do a Diamond trip in august or september.

T
TTFishon
Thuggin4Life said:
Hoping to be packed up by 3 but i have to get my little bro from west eugene around 3:30 so go scenario 4 but most likely not until 4:30 so i google earthed Wickiup. Is the Davis arm the long skinny part on the west side with a bridge going over it? Also where are the campgrounds? And where would you troll for trout? Up the arm and into the lake? And were can I get my boat in? Thanks man.

Cascade lakes hwy does go over part of the davis arm. If you see a lava wall on your left while traveling over the bridge with some nice looking water then you're at the right place. There's camping on both sides of the davis arm. Maybe 2 miles past that bridge is a pay camping with a boat ramp. I sent you a pm with my cell number. text or call if you have problems finding a boat ramp.

F
FishSlayer420
Good luck up there this weekend to both of you. hope tp see some good pictures when you return. Do not get to drunk tonight and forget to wake up tomorrow morning. Hey andy atleast you do not have to drive the boat the whole time.

T
Thuggin4Life
FishSlayer420 said:
Good luck up there this weekend to both of you. hope to see some good pictures when you return. Do not get to drunk tonight and forget to wake up tomorrow morning. Hey Andy at least you do not have to drive the boat the whole time.

Yeah I'm not supposed to drive it at all for a year but I think I'll be fine in waters where I won't see the Marshall brothers.

T
TTFishon
Thuggin4Life said:
Yeah I'm not supposed to drive it at all for a year but I think I'll be fine in waters where I won't see the Marshall brothers.

I hope you didn't get caught. They were policing the lake pretty hard Saturday.

T
Thuggin4Life
Yeah after we battled the wind back across the lake saturday we seen them checking camps in the arm around noon. Followed me for a while, seem them look at me through the binos and then gave me plenty of room and motored up past us. Some other guy didn't give me so much room and snagged all three lines.

T
TTFishon
That sucks. I've only had that happen once. The cops gave me a written warning because I only have numbers on one side of my boat. That's only the second time in 21 years that a cop has talked to me at Wickiup. Anyway, how'd you guys do?

T
Thuggin4Life
I'll put pics and a story up on the success post when I'm not being so lazy.

T
Thuggin4Life
Seen it that's were my story will be.

F
FishSlayer420
How long is it good up there?

T
TTFishon
FishSlayer420 said:
How long is it good up there?

Until the season closes.

D
Dan Feller
It's good to hear the fishing is good through the summer. We are staying at Twin Lakes Resort in our RV - we got lucky and got a waterfront spot for three days the last week of July.

Does anyone know how far drawn down it usually is by late July?

T
Thuggin4Life
I Google earthed it before I went and was confused after I seen what it looked like with my own eyes. But turned out it is reservoir and I thought it was a like. Anyways the image is a few years old but taken in June and I was just up there in June and the lake was way fuller than it was in the image. I think there are many factors that play into how full it will be.

Last edited:
T
TTFishon
Dan Feller said:
It's good to hear the fishing is good through the summer. We are staying at Twin Lakes Resort in our RV - we got lucky and got a waterfront spot for three days the last week of July.

Does anyone know how far drawn down it usually is by late July?

Here's a couple of dated photo's that now have shallow water where they were taken.
http://i456.photobucket.com/albums/qq290/tedfishmon/100_0278.jpg
http://i456.photobucket.com/albums/qq290/tedfishmon/100_1812.jpg
Hope this helps some. I will try to find more pics for you later.