willamette through spfld eugene

F
Finneus Polebender
midday float

midday float

Took the wife for our first float if the year .clearwater to day island. beautiful relaxing float . Fished a little ,water level comin down fast but still enough to make me leery of anchorin up especially w/logs still floatin around in it. caught 1 smolt and 1 -10 " trout sent em back to grow. Kept watchin through the flats but just high enuff to keep me from spotin any . very fast ride today 2hrs and a couple minutes float time .Amazing how much the river changes every year new channels and holes. noticed the old growth stump that was beached on the island just above the bring area has washed off wonder where that thing ended up?I am soooo lookin forward to this summer now days on the river mornins /eves after bass . Need to call my friend and see if hes ready to try again for some salmon steelhead lots of cool local info guys thanks to all FP

B
Bfishin
steelhead_stalkers said:
:) Bobber stop, bead, bobber, inline weight or slip weight, swivel unless you used an inline, leader, some split shot, and jig. Good luck :D
Sweet...I got the rigging down now. What kind of bobber is best. I know nothing about floats. I've seen water bobbers that you fill up and styrofoam bobbers. Thanks a lot for throwing in the info

J
JeannaJigs
I primarily use thill floats. guilty of using salmon stalker floats for salmon, but I really, really do not like the steelhead stalker floats for steelhead at all.

Also shotting your line instead of just one piece of lead works best.

P
polarbeer
Any recommendations on using eggs vs jigs and other hardware on the Clackamas for steelies? I'm not sure i'f it's primarily hardware time or are eggs working well?

Last edited:
J
JeannaJigs
polarbeer said:
Any recommendations on using eggs vs jigs and other hardware on the Clackamas for steelies? I'm not sure i'f it's primarily hardware time or are eggs working well?

On the clack? Couldn't tell you, that's 100 some odd miles from here. There's a load of guys here though that could answer that for you, check out some of the clack posts.

K
Kodiak
polarbeer said:

It's hardware time. water is warming nicely!

B
Bfishin
Steelies!

Steelies!

Yesterday evening I decided to go Steelhead fishing even tho there was a severe weather warning. I'm pretty rugged like that I guess;) Lol...Anyway There wasn't many people like I had hoped. Within about an hour and a half I hooked into 4 fish and landed these little critters. The weather really wasn't bad up that way. Got some heavy rain for about 20 mins. I saw 2 other fish hooked, but that was it. I guess I was in the right spot at the right time.

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Trade ya....

Trade ya....

Bfishin;
Sure wish I had those "little critters" on my hooks and you had a feather. We would both be tickled...:lol: :lol: Seriously,good job. They are nice and shiny. Congrats!
Be safe.
Barb

F
FishSlayer420
Where were ya at? What were ya using:D:D:lol:

B
Bfishin
Raincatcher said:
Bfishin;
Sure wish I had those "little critters" on my hooks and you had a feather. We would both be tickled...:lol: :lol: Seriously,good job. They are nice and shiny. Congrats!
Be safe.
Barb
Thanks Barb...Oh and FishSlayer420, I was at your hole...The dam. I was just using Chartreuse yarn and shrimp oil. ;):lol:

J
JeannaJigs
Right on, it's finally June and it looks like it's picking up.

Lack of gas funds keeps me home for a few weeks, but hopefully I'll get out there myself soon.

F
FishSlayer420
Atta baby zaniman. We on for tomorrow after i get off work or what son. Sat morning to

T
Thuggin4Life
Bfishin said:
Yesterday evening I decided to go Steelhead fishing even tho there was a severe weather warning. I'm pretty rugged like that I guess;) Lol...Anyway There wasn't many people like I had hoped. Within about an hour and a half I hooked into 4 fish and landed these little critters. The weather really wasn't bad up that way. Got some heavy rain for about 20 mins. I saw 2 other fish hooked, but that was it. I guess I was in the right spot at the right time.

Nice fish man! Props to the camera man. Too bad about the one today.