Bank fishing the Columbia

T
Troutier Bassier
Ok, SO I SHould set the Hook sooo Hard that I can fall on my Butt?

F
FishSchooler
Just set it hard, thats all

T
Troutier Bassier
Sturgeon set?

F
FishSchooler
T
Troutier Bassier
.... Your starting to sound like my Friend when we were Trout Fishing.
:lol:

M
metalmania
I forgot to mention. My line was tight said:
More than likly that was just your weight lifting free of the ground because of the tension on it. Kinda gets your blood pumpin though.

T
Troutier Bassier
Yeah, Thats what I was gonna say. But I read Somewhere that Thats a Steelhead Grabbing your lure and Swimming Towars your line with it?

M
metalmania
Troutier Bassier said:
Yeah, Thats what I was gonna say. But I read Somewhere that Thats a Steelhead Grabbing your lure and Swimming Towars your line with it?

Slackline bites do happen, but 'm guessing it was probably just the weight poping up.

F
FishSchooler
metalmania said:
More than likly that was just your weight lifting free of the ground because of the tension on it. Kinda gets your blood pumpin though.

Just pop up? You sure? with the current and that much weight, I think even with a "pop up" it would of just unflexed a little. The rod just totally snapped up straight and went back down!

M
metalmania
FishSchooler said:
Just pop up? You sure? with the current and that much weight, I think even with a "pop up" it would of just unflexed a little. The rod just totally snapped up straight and went back down!

Normally when I get slacklined the line drops and stays down for awhile, depending on the current of course. When your weight pops up the rod will normally stand up then bend over again.

R
rainman
R
rog_lewis
Spent a good chunk of the day saturday fishing both tides (two different locations out on sauvie island), came up empty. Only saw 4 other people fishing all day, they came up empty as well. Saw a lot of boats out, they were all fishing the washington side, not a one on the oregon.