Heading out to salish.

B
bassman503
FishSlayer420 said:
Isn't there two lakes there? what all species of fish are in there?

yea the other one is called fairview lake. It's only opened for the ppl that live on the lake. It has mainly carp, catfish and sunfish. Blue lake has stocked trout, catfish, sunfish, carp and bass.

B
bassman503
Im going to west salish later so tell me if u catch anything right now!

T
Troutier Bassier
I was just there and I was on the dock. I dident bring my trout stuff so i wasn't fishing for trout i was fishing for bluegill. the guy next to me was catching trout and some gulp egg budles or sumthing. im really tired. so thats all the actions i sw tonsday

B
bassman503
Troutier Bassier said:
I was just there and I was on the dock. I dident bring my trout stuff so i wasn't fishing for trout i was fishing for bluegill. the guy next to me was catching trout and some gulp egg budles or sumthing. im really tired. so thats all the actions i sw tonsday

i'm finally back. Didn't catch a thing. My dad and I had a total of 3 bites and that was it. Saw a couple caught at the dock but that was it. The ospreys had better luck than we did.

T
Troutier Bassier
they wereny ospreys, they were hawks, and I was on the dock too around 9:00 I got home and I caught 2 and let them go. Where were you??? I was the kid that was yelling and running. I was wearing all black. with a lamiglass hat???

B
bassman503
Troutier Bassier said:
they wereny ospreys, they were hawks, and I was on the dock too around 9:00 I got home and I caught 2 and let them go. Where were you??? I was the kid that was yelling and running. I was wearing all black. with a lamiglass hat???

Oh haha. I guess I don't know my birds then. I was at the dock too. White t-shirt, black shorts, slipper, asian dude. yea XD and I was with 3 little kids

T
Troutier Bassier
... DId you catch a bunch of bluegill and like 2 trout???

Might be someone else?!?!!?

And were you like tall and have long hair to your shoulders????

B
bassman503
Troutier Bassier said:

A few blue gill but no trout
I think you are thinking about the older asians that were there

B
bassman503
Troutier Bassier said:

Im not tall and I dont have long hair lol.

T
Troutier Bassier
ok so it wasn't you.

B
bassman503
went today again. Today was better cos i actually brought some kastmasters along :)! I cought one that was too small to keep and my dad cought an 10 in. Why are there so many dead fishes? I saw like two huge trouts floating dead. the messed up part was that my little brother released my dad's trout into the little creek. Isn't that illegal?

F
fishtalker
I stopped by late tonite and walked around and talked to different people. Nobody had any luck.

B
bassman503
fishtalker said:
I stopped by late tonite and walked around and talked to different people. Nobody had any luck.

I stayed until 8 30

T
Troutier Bassier
yes thats illeagfle and theres dead fish because salish ponds is like one of those polluted waste dumps where everyone throws away there fish.

M
mgdguy
Finally got the skunk off me!

Finally got the skunk off me!

Yay, mgdguy finally caught a fish this year :lol:

Nice 10"er out of Salish this morning on a gold castmaster. I had to work for over an hour to get one to bite. Not long after that my son got bored so we packed it up :rolleyes:

F
Fishtopher
Congrats man! Ill leave out all the sarcastic crap, cuz, well, we've all been there. I wont remind you that its been over 150 days since the ball dropped in NYC....:lol:;)

M
mgdguy
Fishtopher said:
Congrats man! Ill leave out all the sarcastic crap, cuz, well, we've all been there. I wont remind you that its been over 150 days since the ball dropped in NYC....:lol:;)

Thanks I appreciate that! :tongue: :lol:

B
bassman503
Went to West Salish today. Had an alright day. My dad's first cast with a chrome/blue got him a trout that was about 12in at the bank then popped free and swam away. He had about 6 hits all day. I was not so lucky and only had 2 hits. My mom was walking around the pond when i heard her screamed my name, i thought she saw a freaken snake but it was a HUGE largemouth Bass just under the surface.(you know that shady spot under the big tree and the quick drop off, the one near the creek). Besides catching 4 bluegills, i caught a trout looking thing in the creek. My little brother was fishing for sculpins when he saw this fish. I grabbed his blue gill set up with a bobber and hooked on a berkley 3 in trout worm. I do have some stealhead fishing experience so creek fishing is easy. I saw the fish and let my rig go with the current. About 5 sec later my bobber went down and I setted the hook. I was using a 4'6" ultra light so fighting the fish in the current was a blast even though the creek was so small. The fish was about 14-15in long and its adipose fin was not clipped so I released it fearing of a ticket! Any body know what this fish is?

M
mgdguy
bassman503 said:
Went to West Salish today. Had an alright day. My dad's first cast with a chrome/blue got him a trout that was about 12in at the bank then popped free and swam away. He had about 6 hits all day. I was not so lucky and only had 2 hits. My mom was walking around the pond when i heard her screamed my name, i thought she saw a freaken snake but it was a HUGE largemouth Bass just under the surface.(you know that shady spot under the big tree and the quick drop off, the one near the creek). Besides catching 4 bluegills, i caught a trout looking thing in the creek. My little brother was fishing for sculpins when he saw this fish. I grabbed his blue gill set up with a bobber and hooked on a berkley 3 in trout worm. I do have some stealhead fishing experience so creek fishing is easy. I saw the fish and let my rig go with the current. About 5 sec later my bobber went down and I setted the hook. I was using a 4'6" ultra light so fighting the fish in the current was a blast even though the creek was so small. The fish was about 14-15in long and its adipose fin was not clipped so I released it fearing of a ticket! Any body know what this fish is?

If it looked like a trout it was probably one of the brooders they put in there last year. I've seen some BIG ones pulled out of the pond!

Sounds like a fun day :)

B
bassman503
mgdguy said:
If it looked like a trout it was probably one of the brooders they put in there last year. I've seen some BIG ones pulled out of the pond!

Sounds like a fun day :)

It was really skinny and before I caught it my little brother was tossing salmon eggs at it and it ate it too. Could it be a native trout? It was a decent day, would've been a great day if it wasn't so hot!