mallerd pond

M
michaelkim9582
anyone heard about this pond. its very small and my friend caught a 11 pounder in it. he has proof so I know its real. he told me its by tigard high school and can't seem to find it on google maps. so I was wondering if anyone neat tigard's heard about it.

thanks

T
TTFishon
Can you show us proof?

H
Hawk
i believe he caught a 11 pound mallerd.......................:lol::lol::lol:..............................:cool::cool::cool:

F
FishSlayer420
Thats a Big Mallard:lol::lol::lol:..................:D

F
Finneus Polebender
probably mallard

probably mallard

show me the money its kinda tough fish ,fisherman, and backdrop that positively identifies location not thinkin we will see it, sorry thats teeterin state record but hey Ive been shut up before they gotta be out there some where .

T
Thuggin4Life
Not to sound skeptic but if it was 11lbs why didn't he call fish and game to be the new record holder?

T
the_intimidator03
because the current largemouth bass record is 12 lb 1.6 oz caught in 2002 at ballenger pond in springfield

T
TTFishon
the_intimidator03 said:
because the current largemouth bass record is 12 lb 1.6 oz caught in 2002 at ballenger pond in springfield

What pound test did he catch it on? It could be a line test Oregon record.

T
Thuggin4Life
the_intimidator03 said:

Sorry I am an idiot. I already knew that. For some reason I was thinking the ballanger bass was just over 10lbs. Been a while since I thought about that record fish.

T
the_intimidator03
lol no need to appologize... no need to know all this stuff anyhow unless ur really intrested in trophy size/record size fish

B
beaverfan
Ok so after a little research, I haven't been able to track it down on google earth yet but did find a nice youtube video that was taken of the pond. From an article I found on it sounds like it's off of Highland Rd. in King City. Here's the vid.
YouTube - Tigard Oregon 1-27-2009 on Mallard Lake

M
michaelkim9582
He's not really my friend but a guy I met while fishing at a nearby pond. He told me him and a friend fish there and showed me a picture of the fish him and a friend caught. and it was huge! He told me it was 2 small ponds by tigard high school and he wouldn't tell me where exactly it is(" said it was his secret spot"). so thats why I posted it here to see if anyone else knows.

P.S. I'm not making this up, and there's nothing I could possibly gain from lieing about this.

M
michaelkim9582
this is frustrating!!!!! I've been one google maps searching for these two ponds and the only two ponds I see are on the golf course. anyone found it?

B
beaverfan
I went to Cook Park today, right by Tigard High. It looked like there were some ponds just west of the high school. Don't know if that's them but it's near the high school. I have looked and looked and can't find anymore info on it. There has to be someone from Tigard on here with more info.

M
michaelkim9582
yeh... I know what you mean. I've been on the other hand been trying to contact the girl that posted the youtube video, for the where abouts on the lake.

beaverfan how was the fishing at cook park, thinking about going there sometime this week, have never been there.

B
beaverfan
well just my luck i forgot worms and hot dogs my two fav. baits there. I tried some little plastic grub things and found a few worms. The worms were tiny little things and as soon as i got a nibble it was gone, no shortage of hits on the worms though. I'm trying to learn bass fishin but at this point i suck so not surprising the grubs didn't work for me.

O
OBP Turtle 33
You probly wont catch a bass on a hot dog they arent scavengers liek catfish and other like it they want live prey try getting a Floating Rapala its easy to run great for beginners and it gets bit.

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Go postal...in a good way

Go postal...in a good way

michaelkim9582 said:
this is frustrating!!!!! I've been one google maps searching for these two ponds and the only two ponds I see are on the golf course. anyone found it?

michaelkim9582;
Don't overlook a great local recourse.... the postal workers in that area.
Be safe.
Barb

B
beaverfan
OBP Turtle 33 said:
You probly wont catch a bass on a hot dog they arent scavengers liek catfish and other like it they want live prey try getting a Floating Rapala its easy to run great for beginners and it gets bit.

Ya I know that, I wasn't planning on using them for bass. I was planning on using them for catfish and carp mainly. I was using grubs and lures for the smallmouth.