Access to Miller lake

S
stumpydee82
Does anybody know how much snow remains up at Miller Lake? We would like to go in a few weeks, but don't want to be camping in the snow. Thanks:rolleyes:

J
joesnuffy
what is the elevation of Miller Lake?

S
stumpydee82
miller lake elevation

miller lake elevation

The elevation is 5633. I have since contacted the Chemult Ranger Station, and the lake is still froze over, with access only by snow mobiles. They hope to have it open by the middle of June.
Diana

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
The right stuff

The right stuff

stumpydee82 said:
The elevation is 5633. I have since contacted the Chemult Ranger Station, and the lake is still froze over, with access only by snow mobiles. They hope to have it open by the middle of June.
Diana

stumpydee82;
Welcome to a very friendly place! You definitely have the right attitude and will fit right in. We are all about sharing information,asking questions and coming up with answers. Thank you for the new information.
Be safe.
Barb

S
stumpydee82
change of plans

change of plans

Since we can't get into Miller Lake, we are going to Lemolo Lake instead. We aren't leaving for a couple of weeks, but I'll post when we get back. Have a great Memorial Day Weekend...be safe.
Diana:cool:

O
oldhippie
Miller's open now. Heading up tomorrow morning to dodge the lightning bolts and fill my creel with tasty browns! I will dutifully report (aka brag :lol:) later.

O
oldhippie
Got on Miller yesterday about 5:30 or so. Perfect fishing weather, overcast, light breeze, about 44 degrees. Water temp was 54!!:shock:

We caught a total of 18 browns ranging from 10-17 inches by 10:30, nice and fat and healthy (also rather tasty..). Beat it out just ahead of the thunderstorms.

The campground was open, there's just a little bit of snow left and I'm not sure all the water is on yet. The dock is in and the trash bins are open (nice not to have to haul out your fish guts!). The mosquitos were rather hungry :(

S
stumpydee82
Miller Lake

Miller Lake

Hubby and I are heading up to Lemolo lake in the morning. Hopefully we will have as good of luck as you did at Miller. I can't wait to get to Miller this summer for some big browns!:cool:

O
oldhippie
stumpydee82 said:
Hubby and I are heading up to Lemolo lake in the morning. Hopefully we will have as good of luck as you did at Miller. I can't wait to get to Miller this summer for some big browns!:cool:

Lemolo report eagerly anticipated! :)

O
oldhippie
Heading up to Miller again tomorrow morning. Will report as usual! :)

G
GrillMaster
Road condition

Road condition

What is the condition of the road like? Unbelievable place, out in the middle of no where and flush toilets. The fishing sounds like it is picking up, and the skeeters too.

GM

O
oldhippie
GrillMaster said:
What is the condition of the road like? Unbelievable place, out in the middle of no where and flush toilets. The fishing sounds like it is picking up, and the skeeters too.

GM

The road wasn't too bad. The mosquitoes were very bad, hopefully they were peaking. We caught 8 browns mostly around 2lbs each. The bite ended abruptly at about 8:00AM.

R
red-neck
does any one know if Miller Lake is opened yet? I'm wanting to take my dad up there and want to know so plz help me find out, thank you.

O
oldhippie
red-neck said:
does any one know if Miller Lake is opened yet? I'm wanting to take my dad up there and want to know so plz help me find out, thank you.

I'm betting it's open given the bad snow year. Give the Chemult Ranger District office a call, they should know. I think I posted that number in one of these Miller Lake threads...

R
red-neck
Thank you for getting back to me so quickly.

R
red-neck
I checked for number and its not there. I'll see if I can find it. Thanks again

O
oldhippie
red-neck said:
I checked for number and its not there. I'll see if I can find it. Thanks again

Here it is:

Phone: 541-365-7001

Let us know what you find out!

R
red-neck
thank you for the number.

R
red-neck
there is snow about 8 miles in and then you have to use snow mobiles to get in the rest of the way. so we have to wait till june again this year. sorry fellas.

N
Ntofishing
Has anyone found out if the road is open yet? I was thinking of going up there.