Carp in pond just outside of Corvallis

O
OBP Turtle 33
I have heard from several sources that there are Big Carp in the pond on highway 34 just outside of Corvallis. If so how should I go for them? A buddy of mine has not done much fishing in his life and I would like to get him into a big fish or two.

Thanks all I am new to the site have looked around before just finally am going to start posting.

Last edited by a moderator:
O
OBP Turtle 33
Yeah I looked at those pretty heavily I am now pretty much just wondering if the rumors are true about that pond, I have yet to see a fish in it but its connected to the Willamete so I assume something is swimming in it.

D
Drew9870
Look for bubbles coming up like crazy, if its just a few bubbles it's probably not a Carp, but if it looks like an alka seltzer is down there or you see a big burst of bubbles, it is probably a Carp, or look for trails of bubbles going along the water.

I have learned this from watching carp in a pond that gets like 6 - 7 feet in the deepest spots. And about a month ago at another pond, I wasn't sure if it had carp either, so I was fishing for Bass until I noticed bubbles coming up like crazy like 30 feet out in front of me, so I put on some of my dough bait and tossed it out, pretty soon I had a 12lb 32 inch Carp........ No more bubbles after that (yes I did release it).

Bass Man
Bass Man
Yep your sources are correct

Yep your sources are correct

OBP Turtle 33 said:
I have heard from several sources that there are Big Carp in the pond on highway 34 just outside of Corvallis. If so how should I go for them? A buddy of mine has not done much fishing in his life and I would like to get him into a big fish or two.

Thanks all I am new to the site have looked around before just finally am going to start posting.

Hey OBP Turtle 33,

I've been fishing that pond since the early 80's and believe me...there are some monster:shock: carp in this pond!! I usually fish for Bass, Crappie and Bluegill here so I can't help you on catching the carp.

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Ireland?

Ireland?

Is it the pond OFF of Hwy 34 & Ireland Ln. or Graves Ln. ? The one OFF Graves Ln. looks like it might be private property. Anyone ever fish that one? Thanks for the info.
My son's buddy just started fishing and I thought it would be fun to see the look on his face to hook something bigger than the seven inch trout he caught last week. :shock: :lol: May as well get him hooked on catching all sizes. :dance:
Be safe.
Barb

Bass Man
Bass Man
Raincatcher said:
Is it the pond OFF of Hwy 34 & Ireland Ln. or Graves Ln. ? The one OFF Graves Ln. looks like it might be private property. Anyone ever fish that one? Thanks for the info.
My son's buddy just started fishing and I thought it would be fun to see the look on his face to hook something bigger than the seven inch trout he caught last week. :shock: :lol: May as well get him hooked on catching all sizes. :dance:
Be safe.
Barb

Good morning Barb,

This would be the pond near Ireland Ln, most people just park along the highway. Plenty of parking but be careful getting in and out of there, there is a dirt road just off of Ireland you can use to gain access to where everyone parks.

Graves Ln takes you into Knife River Corp. and the other ponds just east of the one open to the public is on private land. I use to fish the big pond back in my teenager years and at times they did catch us fishing and gave us the boot out of there! :mad:

Oh and if you do make it down to this pond you can disregard the no trepassing signs along the west and east sides, they were placed there to stop the homeless people from making camps. This pond is open to the public:dance:

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Gonna be fun

Gonna be fun

Robert;
Good morning! Thanks for the informative reply. I will be down soon to check it out. Should be a blast to watch the reactions.
Be safe.
Barb

O
OBP Turtle 33
Yeah I did not go past the no trespassing sings they didn't seem tow work on the homeless either they had camps all over kinda made me uneasy. I am going to pontoon it next week see if I can get something out of there.

B
Boywhofishes
i've caught lots of carp on flys down on the willy near corvallis. you have to taunt them wiht the fly until they take i though

S
simpsoti
I was just down there today. Water level is down enough to get around to the other side of the pond. I saw several large carp down there today. Pulled in about about a 4.5lb largemouth and a smaller 1.5 or 2 lb LM as well. I got my 14 foot aluminum into the back slough last summer, just on the other side of that large burm (with all the homeless crap). Fun place to fish so close to Corvallis. There has been quite a few people out there lately though.

O
OBP Turtle 33
I was there as well for a few minutes saw a ton of fish out in the middle feeding I assume they were Carp I will float it next week. I tried to walk to the other side but there bums in a camp and I was uncomfortable walking through it with them there without a gun.lol 4.5lb LM thats a good fish anywhere.

F
FishSlayer420
Is this the pond that is across from the Golf Course?

S
simpsoti
Ya its pretty much across highway 34 from the golf course.

S
simpsoti
Went down to the pond again today. I love this place, so close to home. Caught these two and another big bass that broke my line when I went to grab him.

Bass Man
Bass Man
Nice bass

Nice bass

simpsoti said:
Went down to the pond again today. I love this place, so close to home. Caught these two and another big bass that broke my line when I went to grab him.

Yep, it's a great place for bass! :clap: Congrats on the bass simpsoti, last year I catch a lot in that same spot. I noticed a couple vehicles parked there yesterday afternoon, must have been you.

L
LJSHYE
any catfish in here? Seems like there should be. What about night fishing, Am I gonna get run out if I try?