Ok.

F
FishSchooler
I know a brenda cha and a brian cha, but no brandon. :lol:

B
bassman503
FishSchooler said:
I know a brenda cha and a brian cha, but no brandon. :lol:

I don't know any of those Chas u guys just threw at me but, what are your guys' names?

F
FishSchooler
bassman503 said:
I don't know any of those Chas u guys just threw at me but, what are your guys' names?

Kevin

B
bassman503
FishSchooler said:

L something O something J something High school?

F
FishSchooler
Read my location, and find out the J. ;)

I just got back from clackamette. No feesh.........:(
Quite a few boats were catching, but no bankies.
I can't figure out the most effective way to fish the willamette. Yet!
I tried using 4 in of hollow core lead with a jighead, and snagged with the weight. I lost a kastmaster and a hook with yarn while lessening my weight. So now what? I tried drift fishing with I guess about 1/8 oz of weight. I couldnt drift fish a jighead, cause it would sink n snag. So I threw on a small spin n glow with a yellow glo bug. I couldnt cast it far enough to the shad and I snagged still. At the end, I tried to plunk, because you can cast into the middle of the river and still fish. Well, my steelhead rod would not handle 3 oz of lead, so I went with 1.5 oz. My spreader wouldnt do its job! The leader and dropper would twist n tangle, not to mention what happened in the river. :shock: I reeled up a big wad of line, with a lure in it. My rig! How do you fish the willamette at clackamette for shad, salmon, or steelhead?

S
southside_10
Wait for the water to go down. It is ripping now. The fishing will just keep getting better.

Peace,Tom

F
FishSchooler
It is? The water was uber slow and I thought that high water=faster flows.
Oh well, that will probably be the last time I go to clackemette for this season... Bonneville Be Betta! ;)

S
southside_10
FishSchooler said:
It is? The water was uber slow and I thought that high water=faster flows.
Oh well, that will probably be the last time I go to clackemette for this season... Bonneville Be Betta! ;)

I fished there on Monday for two hours and boated 5. Very hi water with a bunch of grassy mossy crap in the water.
Give it a week and it will be lights out. I was using a shad killer and 4oz. of lead, 3ft. dropper , 3ft. leader. anchored up in 16ft. bounced back to 18-20ft.

Peace, Tom

F
FishFinger
The clack is at 15' projected to jump to 17' by tomorrow, it's a browm swollen mess, The Willy didn't look much better on the drive over the 205 bridge. 4 or 5 days and maybe the rivers will start to settle down a bit, then it's crab bait time!

T
The Nothing
I don't expect the rivers to come down any time soon. "4 or 5 days" will only count when this rain stops.

S
southside_10
Went down to clackamette on Sat. evening for 2hrs. and boated 16 by my self. The bite turned on when the sun broke through the clouds around 7:30pm. Some nice size hens in the mix. I anchored in 18ft. and bounced back to 20ft. 5oz. of lead 3ft. dropper and a 4ft. leader worked best. Green and white wee dick nite was hot at the start, then the shad killer was rocking when the sun finally hit the water.

Going out after work on Weds. same place.

Peace, Tom

S
southside_10
Went down after work yesterday with a buddy and dropped the anchor in 16ft. of water and just missed the seam I was looking for and we caught nada. 10 minutes without a bite, so we pulled up and moved 15ft. to the east. We landed just rite on the edge. Dropped the anchor in 16ft. and the edge fell off to 19-21ft. Bounced back into the slot with 4oz.of lead, 3ft. dropper and 4ft. leader using a green and white wee dick nite and got bit. The first three fish came on that set up, then the shad killer turned on and it was steady action.
We boated 30 with a couple of them in the three plus pound range. Great battles on lite gear.

Peace, Tom

D
dolphin1
your way off base

your way off base

i have outfished the boats for shad many times there..no joke. try this..walk to the point (where clackamas/willamette meet) fish about 10 feet upstream from the poles in the water on the willamette. fish a green soft bodied grub worm (kind with the curly tails)smaller the better.use about 3/4 of an inch of 1/4 pencil lead for weight, YES, THAT'S ALL ! standing 10 feet upstream from the poles in the water, quarter your cast slightly upstream. begin a very slow retrieve as SOON AS YOUR CAST HITS THE WATER! if there are shad in, you will catch them . i have had a few days where i had 4 and 5 hook-ups back to back using that method there.. good luck

S
southside_10
I fished Clackamette after work last evening with my brother as crew. We anchored up in the same spot that last week was full of fish. No bites in 10 minutes. Pulled anchor and dropped in above a couple of boats that were hooking a few here and there. We hooked two fish in 15 minutes when one of the boats below us pulled anchor and left. We Pulled ours and dropped it in the hole he just left. The fish finder was alive with fish. We dropped our gear and started hooking fish. We ended up with 23 for about 2hrs. fishing.

Third move was the charm last evening. Same set up, 3ft. dropper, 3oz. lead, 4ft leader to a shad killer.

The fish are still around in good numbers, just need to keep moving 'til you get lined up.

Peace, Tom