Wind River WA. Salmon Trip Today !!

P
PDXKush
Actually went to Wind River in Washington today on the Columbia River with two guides on their off day. Caught me my biggest Salmon ever however it was also my first Native ever and I gave her back to the River. My guess is 20+ and close to 38 inches but it never left the water so no pic :-(. As for a fight it took a good 15 minutes and this beast was the most insane fight I've ever had !! Except for the insane rainstorms it was a beautiful day and a beautiful place just about 10 miles east of Bonneville dam. I'm going out tomorrow morn on my first Sturgeon trip on the Willy. Hopefully I'll get some pics. Peace. :dance:

BTW...Got a new pic of my Salmon Trip from my B-Day 4-30-09

salmonmorning.jpg

Last edited:
J
just1nook
Dude you are catchin way to many fish. How are you getting all these trips?

S
SNDSLGR
Jeez! Lots of folks fish for years and dont land as many fish as you have in your first week! Good for you, man are you addicted yet or what?

P
PDXKush
just1nook said:
Dude you are catchin way to many fish. How are you getting all these trips?

So I paid for my first trip on my B-Day but after that me and the guide hit it off. We're both huge Blazers fans and just have a ton in common so I've kind of become his deckhand. I'm just so lucky that I've met such good people and I'm having a blast. I am absolutelty 100% addicted. The cool thing is as that he loves to teach and is showing me things that are helping me out so much as I hope to get my first small boat within a year. I will try and get him to let me invite some of you very soon if we have an open seat. The cool thing is we got our Washington licenses so we've been visiting some cool WA spots. And trust me I know I'm lucky that I've met the right people. It all started with Osmosis and Arctic Amoeba helping me catch my first steelhead. I must say I do have some great luck as I also landed a steelhead on my first try @ bank drift fishing but It did end up snapping my rod :). Until I put one on the bank all on my own these are just nice practice. Kind of like buying a Michael Jordan Autograph vs. Meeting him in person and getting him to sign your ball. I just love fishing and I mean fishing not catching. All the brainwork and the variables and the time spent in beautiful nature on amazing waters that Lewis & Clark explored and fished with Indians. I mean that on its own is such a special thing. I respect these fish that I have caught so much and when I get skunked for weeks at a time I will love it just as much. I just want all you knowing that this greenhorn has got a ton of more time to put in before he gets any type of ego. Later and good luck to everyone. I will definitely be on the Clack this weekend so lets all get some after this storm passes.

Last edited:
B
beaverfan
Congrats man! I need to get out on the river again. I hope to get out there to Riverside this week or next, hope to see a few of you guys out there.

N
ninja2010
dude, you're killing me... but good job on the fish.

you're a great guy, so i'm not surprised the peeps you meet would love to help you in anything you need...

i'll be back on the clack come saturday. and i'm gonna be there earlier this time.

P
PDXKush
Thanks for the kind words Ninja. You're a great guy yourself. I can't thank you enough. I'll be there with you brother. You name the spot. I got a new backup lamiglas rod and spinning reel I need to try out along with a couple new lures. Can't wait for a beautiful Saturday.

Last edited:
F
Fishtopher
ninja2010 said:
i'll be back on the clack come saturday. and i'm gonna be there earlier this time.

Ill be seeing you guys out there...My regular fishin' pal and I are trying for the "Triple Play" on Saturday. Trying to tag a Sturgeon on the Willamette at the Gettin' Spot in the morning, then headed up the Clack for our Steel and a Springer.
Gonna have to have all my fish...errr...ducks in a row to pull this one OFF.:lol:

Sounds like we may need to call it an outing then...Ninja, beavfan, Kush...sounds like this needs its own thread.

F
fishndad
very nice kushman! lol its great to see you doing well! if i ever get up that way we will have to take a trip!

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Jackpot!

Jackpot!

PDXKush;
Congratulations on your good fortune at hitting the winning lottery numbers! You hit the jackpot for sure. :clap::clap: Good attitude,too. Be safe.
Barb

P
PDXKush
Thanks brother. Went out to the Willy and helped my friend with a Sturgeon Trip. Dudes brought 9 in the boat but only 1 keeper about 42 inches long. I didn't fish but If I had...lol

P
PDXKush
fishndad said:
very nice kushman! lol its great to see you doing well! if i ever get up that way we will have to take a trip!

Hey bro. Been waiting to talk to you but I still havent had enough time with your spinners. Been so busy with Chinook season I havent got out for much trout. I will be trying some of your gear tomorrow on the CLackamas. And we definitely need to take a trip. This summer I'll be all over Oregon so maybe I'll get to toss some with you in Coos Bay or somewhere else. Talk to you soon bro. Andrew