Riverside (Gott'em)

P
PDXKush
FishSchooler said:
"Is this Heaven? No it's Iowa!"
From Field of Dreams. Keep the lure too.
I was typing when he was typing...

I got one for you too brother...PM me your address and I'll send it off. I'd like to see folks opinion of these I'm making.

As for knowing that quote...It scored you some big points :):clap:

P
PDXKush
mgdguy said:
Field of Dreams :)

And one for the real winner :) Don't know how I missed that. But you needed the actual quote....WA WA WAAAAAAAAAAAAAA....JK .. pm me your address and I'll send these all out asap. Peace

M
mgdguy
PDXKush said:
And one for the real winner :) Don't know how I missed that. But you needed the actual quote....WA WA WAAAAAAAAAAAAAA....JK .. pm me your address and I'll send these all out asap. Peace

tell ya what - you hold onto one and the next OFF fishing expedition I'm going to give it my all to make it out to Riverside or wherever :D

F
Fishtopher
Today 06:05 PM
ArcticAmoeba
Maybe it knew you needed a freezer fish, and decided to tango with me instead!
Wouldn't be surprised!

Today 06:09 PM
ninja2010
that was one bright beauty, 'topher.
that was actually the first time i've ever seen a banked steelie, and it was very pretty. good job, dude. sorry i missed the action.

Thanks man! You were just 10 minutes too late!

Today 06:55 PM
mgdguy
ok that's it - the next time you all plan a fishing expedition there I'M going too Obviously I still have much to learn!

Gonna be there again tomorrow mornin' man...;)Plenty of drift:)...

Today 07:30 PM
PDXKush
Did you ALL get a good look at the Hook Placement????? WOW....$$$$$$

Ya man...zippered his lips SHUT! In through the bottom out through the top. Almost ripped through both. Check that out...

100_1431resz.jpg
IT'S IN THE MOUTH!!​

Thanks for the kind words everybody!

P
PDXKush
Get some

Get some

mgdguy said:
ok that's it - the next time you all plan a fishing expedition there I'M going too ;) Obviously I still have much to learn!

I'll be there a couple times this week 100% and next weekend as well so we'll be having a ton of fishing days @ the Clack. I'll let everyone know the nite before so we can all get some. So far everyone I've met has been good peeps and I have learned a ton from everyone.

N
ninja2010
and thanks for the pix! good job.

i'll be back next weekend...

M
mgdguy
PDXKush said:
I'll be there a couple times this week 100% and next weekend as well so we'll be having a ton of fishing days @ the Clack. I'll let everyone know the nite before so we can all get some. So far everyone I've met has been good peeps and I have learned a ton from everyone.

Gotta work during the week guys but me and my brother will be there next weekend! :dance:

S
Surejam
Hey Topher,

Great Job........I am jealous :clap::clap::clap: Nice pictures too.

I hear that Peachy yarn really works wonders. I think I will try it next time.

Surejam

F
FreshWater
Nice!!! Makes me want to get out and fish.

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Yahooo!

Yahooo!

Jeez,that is one nice fish! :clap: :clap: It is so cool to see the results of all the hard work and frustration pay OFF. Good for you! Thanks for sharing the experience with us and the pic,too.
Be safe.
Barb

P
PDXKush
mgdguy said:
tell ya what - you hold onto one and the next OFF fishing expedition I'm going to give it my all to make it out to Riverside or wherever :D

Man, I can't even give these away :-( lol

N
ninja2010
FreshWater said:
Nice!!! Makes me want to get out and fish.

get out and fish...

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Bigger rod?

Bigger rod?

I haven't been able to find my big Ugly Stick for bigger fish,so I was wondering if my 7'6" Shimano medium action will work? I just don't want to "accidentally" hook a 20+ pound fish and lose it and my rod. Anybody? Thanks.
Be safe.
Barb

M
mgdguy
Ok I MIGHT be able to get out tomorrow after all. So where's everyone going to be?? :D

M
meluvtrout
Good job Chris! Dan and I decided to buy matching brown tackle boxes and go bass fishing in Alaska! I heard that's the way to become expert in Steelhead fishing... Care to join?

A
ArcticAmoeba
Barb, that there in the picture is a Bass rig. 6 foot, now about 5'8" rated for 2-12 pound line, and who knows how many hundreds of 6 pound sockeye have been put away, and well over 30, "random day" Steelhead this Winter before I retired it completely in a truck door. And I actually hooked a big, rudder finned nate in the Wilson, and it did fine...Buried to the second cork, but it managed that 15ish pound fish well. Your mainline, leader, drag, and rod position are all you need to wory about when you hook a big one, and it is too much for the rod. Just don't high stick 'em!:lol: Only thing you might lose is casting distance form the length, but if it is rated anything in the realm of over 6, and under 20 lb. line, you should be fine.

DSCN0272.jpg

Last edited:
Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Thanks

Thanks

Wow,the rod in the picture sure shows OFF your signature. :D Thanks Ian,I was hoping someone would say that. Look out,fish! Here comes Granny!:lol::lol:
Be safe.
Barb

A
ArcticAmoeba
Hahaha! You crack me up Barb!:lol::lol::lol: Here is where I actually got the idea for my signature... Pretty fresh outta High School and doing deckhand duty on a small Charter boat out of Garibaldi. Albacore on a 10 wt. Lamiglas! Thats gettin bent! Ya Hoo!

Last edited:
F
FishSchooler
Dude, that rod just aint right. Looks like it will snap and one end will fly out into the ocean, and the other half will recoil and......... That is just way too bent. :lol:

A
ArcticAmoeba
That tip could get another foot closer to the water before I would worry too much! Wait 'till you fight a hot Chinook on a 6-12 Fiberglass plug rod! Hahaha! You want to see bent over!:lol::lol::rolleyes: It'll make your eyes pop out, and yer face goes...:shock: Yikes!;)