open seat tomorrow (4th)

O
osmosis
Clackamas river, side drifting and diver+bait for steelhead. Let me know on here or PM me and I'll get back to the lucky first poster.

S
SNDSLGR
oooh oooh me, me

M
mgdguy
Got one yet? My bro has the day off and I vouch for him ;)

O
osmosis
lightning fingers fishfinger cracked out a PM faster than a speeding bullet!
I'll catch up with you next time I have an empty spot.

M
mgdguy
Didn't you get enough action this weekend Fishfinger?! ;)

F
FishFinger
Didn't even get out this weekend! Been camping the computer hoping for an open seat call all weekend..lol Got the pm out in under 3 minutes of Osmo's posting... dumb luck.

Actually spent Sat getting the tri hull fish-able; during the height of the thunder storm I might add, and today I spent it with the wife so I have a fairly good set of excuses.

However, when I get the vessel operational I'll do the same an OFFer up open seat calls as well.

It's such a great aspect of our little forum community!

Last edited:
M
mgdguy
Nevermind, got you and Fishtopher confused! :rolleyes: Sorry! I was just kidding anyway. Good luck and get PICS for those of us working!

J
just1nook
So Dan, did ya get the skunk off:pray:

F
FishFinger
Well, ummmm, errrr, ahhhh, ooooh........ My finger smells like.... Lemon Joy... & Witcha's Clackamas burger.

All kidding aside Osmo worked it like a champ, Without question we put it to every section of holding water from Riverside to nearly Barton. Even employed some new techniques to no avail. I did manage to hook up a native juvenile steelhead that had not made it to the salt. (much larger than a smolt to be sure). Osmo gently released it back to the wild and our hunt continued. Mid way through our adventure the weather started turning ugly and visions of FAT Witchia Burgers danced in our nuggets. By 3:00 we gave in to our need to feed and called it an outing.

If I had been able to capture a legal fish I would have interrogated it on the cutting board until it gave up information that could have lead us to others members of its fishy insurgency.

Last edited:
M
Mike123
Aww man you guys musta forgot the COON SHRIMP!! :lol:

F
FishFinger
One thing about fishing with Osmosis, you don't "want" for anything. He runs a tight ship and has everything you'd need. Coons were a staple bait for the adventure. On recent trips he's made, there are photos where if you look closely you'll see the plethora of enticements he has staged and ready to go.

It ain't him or any lacking on his part... Dare I say it........ It might well be me!

Perhaps the mistake I made yesterday was NOT to have grabbed Fishtopher flung him to the ground and rubbed my body all over his to get some good luck smeared on me.... When he had his back turned and I had the chance

However... Homie don't play that!

P
PDXKush
Good Luck Gents. I'll be east of the Bonneville Dam tomorrow trying my luck with springers. Lets hope we get some better weather as yesterday was god awful. Barely made it home alive from the Cowlitz...Crazy Oregon Drivers...There was a crash on every freeway...Let's all slow it down in this nasty weather. We all have families to get home to and friends on here that want you home safe. If you get home 20 or 30 minutes later than expected so be it...At least you're getting home alive :) Take care and be safe everyone. FISH IT UP !!!

Last edited:
S
steelhead_stalkers
How was the cowlitz?!! We are going there mid July to film two Guided Video Episodes and can't wait! It looks like they should have a good year for summers.

O
osmosis
He posted about the cow already. Skunkfest for him and the two guides he went with.. Similar to what FF and I did!

S
steelhead_stalkers
I must have missed that one. Oh well at least you guys are trying, we have been up fishing the high lakes for browns, but ready for some steelhead or salmon action again!

P
PDXKush
Hey bro. Cowlitz was beautiful but silent. No bites all day. A couple jacks got taken down around us but that was it. The locals were claiming it was a rare day but you never know. Can't wait to see those movies. Peace