How far up are Springers?

S
skyflys
Has anyone seen or heard of them being up in the Milo Mciver state park in estacada yet? I am heading out tomorrow for the first time in about five yrs. If you would be willing to pass along any tips, it would be great. Thank you for your time.

Last edited:
M
Mustangdan23
There is 200 over the damn in roseburg and we are starting to catch them up at the deadline. Good luck

L
luv2fish
skyflys said:
Has anyone seen or heard of them being up in the Milo Mciver state park in estacada yet? I am heading out tomorrow for the first time in about five yrs. If you would be willing to pass along any tips, it would be great. Thank you for your time.

i'm pretty sure there are some if not many....i know they are there at rivermill dam...

A
ArcticAmoeba
There are Springers spread out through the whole Clackamas system right now. We have been catching them from the slot below Dog Creek, all the way down to High Rocks area. There may only be one per hole, but they are in there. And you need to hit the first light, to 10 A.M. bite, and then if you can't find one to tango, target Steelhead.

J
just1nook
So whats the best way to target them fom the bank, shrimp cocktail under a bobber, spinners ?

O
osmosis
spinners when the water warms up, but for now stick with good (not store bought) eggs, sandshrimp, prawns/coon shrimp or any other good bait.

J
just1nook
osmosis said:
spinners when the water warms up, but for now stick with good (not store bought) eggs, sandshrimp, prawns/coon shrimp or any other good bait.

What is the best way to get that bait in front of their face in a deep hole from the bank? bobber or driftin with a lot of lead? I guess it depends on the flow huh.

O
osmosis
depends on flow, and the particular hole, shape/type of the structure and obstructions, shape of the bank, angler positioning among many other variables.. theres a couple tricks you'll pick up along the road but for the most part drifting and 1-3oz float systems are the way to go.

T
tnffishman
Eagle Creek???

Eagle Creek???

I was up at Eagle Creek looking around yesterday and went to all the norm holes and saw nothing, does anyone know if the fish will even be in the creek this year?:think::confused: