Riverside (Gott'em)

F
Fishtopher
After reading the Dodge Park Story, and seeing that a few of ya'll were gonna be at Riverside, I decided to head out and meet whoever was gonna be there.
Turned out PDXKush was the first guy I saw as headin' up to the "Blair Witch Hole". He asked if I was from "The Forum". I said "hell ya...Fishtopher...you Kush?". He said "Yup...is this a good spot?", I said "it's alright, but the fish are right up here...". So we continued past the log jam, to the top of the drift where we set up camp, bs'd for a few, split up to fish. I started tossin some of my first batch of cured eggs, and just wasn't feelin' it. So I tied on a Okie and some Peach yarn. Worked my way down about 10 steps down the drift..."GOTT'EM...FISH-ON"...I thought fer sure I had a salty Springer at first as he was pretty bright and felt rather hot!...
Next came fear...I had spooled on some 10lb Chameleon, this was my first fish on it, and I was worried about how my knot would hold up. Turned out well.
After a nice fight, a close call with the bushes, and the infamous run after the fish finally saw me, I swung the salty Summer right up the bank, where he was swiftly put on notice that it had been far too long since he was supposed to show for his appointment! Followed by some high fives, and a lil' hootin' and hollerin'. I think the guys at the parking lot probably heard me. FIRST hatchery Steelhead that actually made it as far as my tag! No more of that native only $4it for me!

100_1429resz.jpg

M
mgdguy
Nice work! I knew I was wasting my time lake trout fishing today :(

A
ArcticAmoeba
Nice work bud. I went 1 fer 1 just above you, but it had the fin durnit. Maybe it knew you needed a freezer fish, and decided to tango with me instead! Haha, good job puttin one to the bank and stick shampooin it!;)

N
ninja2010
that was one bright beauty, 'topher.

that was actually the first time i've ever seen a banked steelie, and it was very pretty.

good job, dude. sorry i missed the action.

F
FishSchooler
Ah yes, a classic photo. A horizantle rod/reel with a horizantle fish on a nice pebble background.;) Nice fish, but I got my limit.:dance: ...of trout...:rolleyes:;)
Still better than nothing. :dance:

The blair which hole is the first bend above Riverside, or the second? So many names to learn and the only real hole name I know of is... I dont think I even know of one... :shock:

A
ArcticAmoeba
There is only one bend above the launch within the parks boundry. That drift above it, is good for Summers 7 months a year. Early March to end of September...

M
mgdguy
ArcticAmoeba said:
There is only one bend above the launch within the parks boundry. That drift above it, is good for Summers 7 months a year. Early March to end of September...

ok that's it - the next time you all plan a fishing expedition there I'M going too ;) Obviously I still have much to learn!

F
FishFinger
Well done buddy.... Well done! I am impressed you fought the fear and the high water to fish Blair witch. Bet the run down river had your ticker thumping. So much brush as scrub trees to navigate around...... Way to go man!

Feast well tonight!

K
Kodiak
Nice

Nice

Verry nice fish! Glad the stink is OFF ya!

P
PDXKush
It was so awesome !!! Fishtopher did everything textbook. Amazing control and stayed calm the whole time !!! It made my f'n day !!! Such a beautiful Summer Steelhead. Let us know how the eating was brother !!! I'm headed out on the Lewis river in WA. To test my luck on a boat (Dont have to pay this time :). Peace

M
metalmania
:clap:Congrats man thats a real beauty.

P
PDXKush
Did you ALL get a good look at the Hook Placement????? WOW....$$$$$$

J
Jig'n
Very nice fish! :clap: I really miss the Clackamas river.

jig'n

P
PDXKush
Man the Clack is my new Home !! "Is this Heaven??? No it's Oregon" gonna make that my new Signature.

TRIVIA TIME !!

The first person that guesses where I got that film quote from (The last word is not Oregon) and let me know the real quote. I will send them a hand made Spin n Glo Lure...Put together by myself :)

Last edited:
O
osmosis
Way to go on the first fish! you were addicted before, now you have a real problem on your hands..

M
mgdguy
PDXKush said:
Man the Clack is my new Home !! "Is this Heaven??? No it's Oregon" gonna make that my new Signature.

TRIVIA TIME !!

The first person that guesses where I got that film quote from (The last word is not Oregon) and let me know the real quote. I will send them a hand made Spin n Glo Lure...Put together by myself :)

Field of Dreams :)

J
just1nook
Iowa

Iowa

What a beautiful fish! Nice job 'pher. Glad to hear Riverside is producing.

Kush, thats too easy.... Field of Dreams..Iowa.

I'm a Boston Guy so that flick has a special place in my heart.

P
PDXKush
yA HE dOES Osmosis...He had that scary look in his eyes...The Fire is definitely raging for him :)

F
FishSchooler
PDXKush said:

TRIVIA TIME !!

"Is this Heaven? No it's Iowa!"
From Field of Dreams. Keep the lure too.
I was typing when he was typing...

P
PDXKush
just1nook said:
What a beautiful fish! Nice job 'pher. Glad to hear Riverside is producing.

Kush, thats too easy.... Field of Dreams..Iowa.

I'm a Boston Guy so that flick has a special place in my heart.

Oh wow man you are a sick guy Just 1...I wasn't sure if we had any baseball fans in this forum...This was my way to smell em out. As for a special place in your heart...I know exactly what you mean. I'm a Dodgers Fan...Had season Tix growing up...I tear up everytime I watch Ray Kinsella have that catch bro. PM me your address and I'll mail this off to you asap and you can tell me what you think.

BTW...I played HS Baseball with Brad Fullmer and Freddie Sanchez :).

Sorry for the Hijack Fishtopher. It was a great day !!!

Last edited: