Ballenger Pond bass fishing

F
Finneus Polebender
link to Postale

link to Postale

So this was the last tenants or do/did they own the facility I will call the Ca # to see if I can find anything out. Am still waiting to hear back from an old friend has way of findin out who owns what public records and such may shortin the chase if its for real. There are the old wildish ponds I fished as a kid way way back,several just northAlbany Corvallis area, heck Id like to try the one next to Kingsford and the garden center place off I 105 in spfld by 42 nd. There are more than a few around

T
TTFishon
Finneus Polebender said:
So this was the last tenants or do/did they own the facility I will call the Ca # to see if I can find anything out. Am still waiting to hear back from an old friend has way of findin out who owns what public records and such may shortin the chase if its for real. There are the old wildish ponds I fished as a kid way way back,several just northAlbany Corvallis area, heck Id like to try the one next to Kingsford and the garden center place off I 105 in spfld by 42 nd. There are more than a few around

I asked the guy at the garden center last year if I could fish there and he told me no.

T
TTFishon
OK I found out the name and phone number of the property owner but I'm not sure if I want to post it on here. But I will tell you it's a matter of public record and all you need to do is contact the county tax office and give them the address. They will give you the owner's name. Then go to zabasearch.com and put in his name and the state of oregon and voila address and phone number. Personally I think it sucks that you or I can do this but it took me all but about three minutes to do.

F
Finneus Polebender
TTFishon said:
OK I found out the name and phone number of the property owner but I'm not sure if I want to post it on here. But I will tell you it's a matter of public record and all you need to do is contact the county tax office and give them the address. They will give you the owner's name. Then go to zabasearch.com and put in his name and the state of oregon and voila address and phone number. Personally I think it sucks that you or I can do this but it took me all but about three minutes to do.

Good work and it is probably best not to post I dont think that the # of calls a guy got would make the difference might just aggravate a person. Yes unfortunately it is real if you want a piece o the pie to call your own you will be public record and with the net you have to understand anyone can get way to much info on a person these days. Maybe drop me a PM or sumthin. Im kinda gettin to be an older fart and may have a little more luck pleading our case then again might get the buy your own pond response

F
FishFinger
Good luck with your campaign. PM me with a contact name and address. As mentioned earlier I'd be willing to help with the power of the pen and gentle persuasion.

F
Finneus Polebender
FishFinger said:
Good luck with your campaign. PM me with a contact name and address. As mentioned earlier I'd be willing to help with the power of the pen and gentle persuasion.

Okay people keep yer fingers crossed. Had to work at the Thurston elem today so I left early so I could stop by and peek over the fence waive to my old friend .mr pond. Much to my suprise the gate was open trucks w/engines runnin several rigs in the parking lot .I figured what the hell Ill stop in after work and try and plead our case. I walked in the front office part the place was kinda empty one guy sitting at a desk talkin bout the rate per pound o aluminum, politely waited him out. Introduced myself and well, laid it out He seemed impressed and assured me the person to ask for them would rcieve my number and intentions. SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO luck dont fail us now , may the gods smile down upon us lest we fish the back o ballenger again Oh and by the way there is a definite need for cleanup

Last edited:
F
Finneus Polebender
FishFinger said:

Oops will get all info to you for written support address and any contacts I make as soon as I hear from them

T
TTFishon
Finneus Polebender said:
Good work and it is probably best not to post I dont think that the # of calls a guy got would make the difference might just aggravate a person. Yes unfortunately it is real if you want a piece o the pie to call your own you will be public record and with the net you have to understand anyone can get way to much info on a person these days. Maybe drop me a PM or sumthin. Im kinda gettin to be an older fart and may have a little more luck pleading our case then again might get the buy your own pond response

PM sent

T
Thuggin4Life
Wow that's some good news. In recent trips to that pond i noticed two things: 1 that there was a need to pick up the garbage from the transients and other fisherman and 2 the trail going to the backside was in desperate need of a manicure. While fishing at ballenger about a month ago we finally got up the curage to ask after my failed attempt last year and we had waited to long and there had already closed for the day. I think that going about it this way could possibly get us back in there. So any ideas on how this will work fishing wise? Like we can only fish as a group on planned occasions. Maybe get a key so we can fish after hours? Boats need to be in the equation. Keep your fingers crossed i have seen monster bass surface feeding in the middle last 2 summers.

F
Finneus Polebender
Thuggin4Life said:
Wow that's some good news. In recent trips to that pond i noticed two things: 1 that there was a need to pick up the garbage from the transients and other fisherman and 2 the trail going to the backside was in desperate need of a manicure. While fishing at ballenger about a month ago we finally got up the curage to ask after my failed attempt last year and we had waited to long and there had already closed for the day. I think that going about it this way could possibly get us back in there. So any ideas on how this will work fishing wise? Like we can only fish as a group on planned occasions. Maybe get a key so we can fish after hours? Boats need to be in the equation. Keep your fingers crossed i have seen monster bass surface feeding in the middle last 2 summers.

The center peice in front of the gate is an old couch while speaking w/the tenant kept looking out at the back pond area it looked ok from there but am sure there is plenty more trash in the back If and I mean if this can possibly work I know the Best thing for all parties is not open door it would be scheduled events for those who qualify through hours of service and who have helped w /disposal fees till I figure out how to get that paid for.In short this is not a schmuse in , we will earn the time for access. I also have other considerations and assurances that i have proposed that I will worry about goin over if and when it happens. this is a truly special piece of water I am glad it is being protected , Oh and any involvement with such an endevour will not save you from trespassing prosecution during other than scheduled times

Last edited:
M
mikeredding
Lets clarify. Are we talking about Ballangers pond or the ponds behind the fence at the aluminum company?

F
Finneus Polebender
mikeredding said:
Lets clarify. Are we talking about Ballangers pond or the ponds behind the fence at the aluminum company?

Pond is one at the aluminum outfit the dinky pond on that part is full o 1 to 3 pounders. Back pond holds monsters thats what we be aimin for cleanup whole place

M
mikeredding
Finneus Polebender said:
Pond is one at the aluminum outfit the dinky pond on that part is full o 1 to 3 pounders. Back pond holds monsters thats what we be aimin for cleanup whole place
I am very familiar with these ponds. I used to work there when it was Blue Water Boats and caught some huge bass. The Ballengers pond has nothing to do with the ponds behind the fence at the aluminum company.

T
Thuggin4Life
mikeredding said:
I am very familiar with these ponds. I used to work there when it was Blue Water Boats and caught some huge bass. The Ballengers pond has nothing to do with the ponds behind the fence at the aluminum company.

That is very true. Many people mistake the back ponds for ballanger ponds when in fact the ballenger pond is just the first one if not only the first half of it. I have heard the back one called the monaco pond which is strange because i always thought they built blue water boats back there and tested them in the pond. is it true that there is trout in the back pond? Kinda hard to believe.

F
Finneus Polebender
mikeredding said:

You are correct but the center piece although being outside the front gate must also go in the cleanup effort, I look at the whole place as ballengers thats just the heavy Equip place thats there. All the others you said have been in back at one time or another all the ponds have fish and the front pond we still fish on occasion just early yet

T
Thuggin4Life
As for trespassing back there i would love to not have to and if such a thing is possible i will help out as much as possible and wouldn't try to risk loosing it by fish there illegally. S**t i'll even take the rash home and put it in my bin. But on a different note i'm gonna take my boat to ballenger tommorrow around 9 9:30 and i have an extra seat if anyone is interested in seeing if that pond is getting active yet. PM me if want in on it.

T
Thuggin4Life
i

Last edited:
F
Finneus Polebender
Thuggin4Life said:

naa just meant the old couch out front needs to go now honestly what fisherman dumped that . Center pond yes is w/ aluminum place hell id go but gotta pay the bills

Last edited:
T
Thuggin4Life
Finneus Polebender said:
naa just meant the old couch out front needs to go now honestly what fisherman dumped that center pond yes is w/ aluminum place hell id go but gotta pay the bills

you must have read that before i erased it. yeah it was nice paying the bills but now my unemployment pays me to go fishing. but i miss working thought must be nice. anytime you want to go bass fishing let me know i have a 12' aluminum that needs people willing to tow it.

F
Finneus Polebender
Thuggin4Life said:
you must have read that before i erased it. yeah it was nice paying the bills but now my unemployment pays me to go fishing. but i miss working thought must be nice. anytime you want to go bass fishing let me know i have a 12' aluminum that needs people willing to tow it.

Right on will call ya on that some time