Well, now you did it...

B
buddah426
barb...
you need to empty ure pm folders :naughty: can't get a message through.

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Done

Done

buddah426 said:
barb...
you need to empty ure pm folders :naughty: can't get a message through.

Did that last night around 6:00. Hope it isn't clogged and needing liquid plumber...Try again? Be safe.
Barb

N
ninja2010
sorry about the loooong delay on this...

sorry about the loooong delay on this...

barb, if you remember, i promised to post pix of my toon mods so you can see what i have on the wheels and footrest, etc. anyways, it's been a while, but here they are, pix of my toon...

hope they help to give a better idea of what i was talking about.

as you can see, i have a raised seat and it's comfy. and i use the front motor mount accessory for my fishfinder which still gives me plenty of room to place my feet.

and the wheels are just "strapped" on with bungees. i just leave them on when i'm on the water, making this an "amphibious" toon. :D

toonwoars2.jpg

wheels.jpg

wheelson.jpg

anchor.jpg

Last edited:
GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
WoW! Nice job on the wheels! I feel like a gomer now when I think of how I made mine haha! :lol::lol:

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Awesome Magic Carpet!!

Awesome Magic Carpet!!

Ninja;
I am 'blue' with envy! That is very cool and comfy looking. I am still considering my options for raising the seat. The wheels will be an absolute must for me. I didn't realize how badly I need to get back into shape! I like the idea of the motor mount being in the front. I did get a Minkota,but I don't relish the idea of being "almost" turned around to reach the tiller. Just thinking about it gives me a backache.
I didn't get to make it to the bass bash yesterday because I had problems getting the rear cargo rack installed. In fact,I never did get that contrary thing to go where I thought it should. Even the assembly instructions offered little help. A vague diagram and two sentences just didn't do it for me. Maybe some of the members with the cargo rack could post some pics for a better visual aid?
In fact,I would love to see pics of all the "before and after" or just the "after" pictures would be great. How about it all you magic carpet riders? Can you post pics of your rides? I will as soon as I get mine re-assembled. Right now,it's just sad.
Thanks again Ninja,it looks great. You have given me a lot to think about and plot. Be safe.
Barb

J
JeannaJigs
I spent the weekend doing work on mine since I am without a rod at the moment and can't hit the river. It's still pretty basic lol. buttttttt. I made a platform to stand on..and it's simply awesome lol. Still have another 3 coats of polyurethane to go, and it'll be done. Just in time to test it out next weekend.

I'm definitely going to work on some wheels for mine though in an attempt to save my back before I'm beyond the point of repair.

B
Bumfish
With the seat so high (higher that stock) is it possible to use fins for propulsion? I have a simular rig and I use oars to get to the fishing spot, but use fins to "troll". Is this still possible with the seat raised?

N
ninja2010
i have short legs... so i can't fin it from that raised seating. i raised it so i can easily spin around 360 degrees...

J
joesnuffy
it looks really good but i've got a couple questions :p

have you been on the water with it yet?
are you worried about turning into a "sail boat"?
how stable is it now that you are high up?
how long are the pontoons?
how much $ did you put into it to make it look so cool?

N
ninja2010
joesnuffy said:
it looks really good but i've got a couple questions :p

YUP. BEEN ON THE WILLY 3 TIMES. PHOTOS WERE SHOT AT THE WILLAMETTE PARK LAUNCH

IT'S A BIT OF A "SAILBOAT" BUT NOT TOO BAD. I HAVE A SMALL PROFILE...

STILL MORE STABLE THAN A V-HULL OR CANOE.

8 FEET

UMMM... MINUS THE MOTOR AND FISHFINDER, ABOUT $250