Heading to Walter Wirth and Walling on Thursday 3/26

L
lowjack
ODFW been dumping them in all winter into Wirth and last week they dropped 2500 in and about 500 into Walling. If anyone is interested my 6-year-old daughter and I will be there about 10am weather permitting. The forcast as of now says partly cloudy so I'll watch it pretty close the next couple days. She's as eager to drop a line as I am so this is serious business.

Bring Postkes, PowerBait Trout Nibbles (any color) or brown/black bodied spinners with brass spoons and Mike's Shrimp Oil

We'll be at Cascade Gateway Park at 10am for about 2 hours then over to Dairy Queen for lunch then to Walling for an hour or 2 then the Willamette where Mill Creek dumps in right near the Globe next to the Carousel.

Last edited by a moderator:
Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Family tradition

Family tradition

lowjack;
Sounds like you have a great day planned for you and your daughter. I have an appointment up in Portland or I would seriously consider joining you. I am itching to use the new pontoon and WW would be a good starting place. Kind of like the kiddie pool of the swimming world. Hope the weather co-operates with you and the two of you have much luck and,more importantly,loads of fun. Be safe.
Barb

Reactions: lowjack
D
Drew9870
Lowjack

Have you caught any trout in the Willamette, the spot you are talking about is actually Pringle Creek, Mill Creek dumps in at the end of D Street. I haven't had any luck on the north side of the island, but I have caught lots of sucker fish on the south side. I have tried Powerbait and rooster tails with no luck

L
lowjack
Mill creek branches off into Pringle twice right before it hits the Willamette , once at church and again at Liberty along with it's entrance north of D, I've always called that part of it Mill...not sure why :p . That's a sweet spot to catch um too, i usually use spoons there, red and whites or gold cast masters. the water is very clear so a bright lure should be best.

D
Drew9870
Have you ever fished from the dock, when the sun starts to set the trout are jumping like crazy, I just don't have any idea what to use. I will try to make it out Thursday, I will try to show up down where the creek dumps in, if not, I am at the dock. I usually go down there to catch carp (I don't eat them) and I have never even heard of a carp under 23 inches in the Willamette. I will let you sample some of my secret doughbait if you are interesting in catching some carp, I bet your daughter would have a blast fighting one of those giants, they remind me of Salmon fishing.

I am the kid with the Red and Black hat and the Duffle Bag (and 3 poles).

L
lowjack
By "Dock" you mean where the River queen is parked (is that her name?) I might head down there right now and see what happens. As for tomorrow, it's still on and if want a trout lesson Cascade Lakes is as good a spot as any.
I'll be at the dock at 5pm. Big guy, big beard, lots of tackle :p

S
Smokey McFisher
i might come join you on the dock today at some point, was thinking of hitting slew (sp?) today so could take a break and head to dock for some carp, havnt got one of them since i was 10 or so. anyway been away from fishing awhile and want to get anything : ) gl everyone.

D
Drew9870
I was out on the dock today, I caught an 8lb carp, probably 30 inches using corn. My buddy caught two 18 inch carp, I hooked two other carp but lost them right after I set the hook. I usually bring a big pole so when I catch a squawfish I can cut a fillet off and throw it out for sturgeon, a couple weeks ago a guy caught a 3 foot sturgeon using a half of a worm, he had several pictures of it on a digital camera.

Top Bottom