It is open!

kidholiday
kidholiday
Webwader said:
I blanked there yesterday too but my son caught a 15 1/4" smallie.

Cool what was your son using and how deep were ya?:dance:

kidholiday
kidholiday
heading on Monday

heading on Monday

I am going on Monday for sure but not sure if I am going to fish for bass a lot or just try my luck with the Crappie. Haven't fished for Crappie here in Oregon yet. I am used to the AZ crappie bite. I am glad to see that someone caught a decent smally. :dance: I will be doing all of my fishing from the bank so deep water fish will have to wait unless I go to the damn. I will let you all know how I did when I get back.

W
Webwader
kidholiday said:
Cool what was your son using and how deep were ya?:dance:
After having no luck with the normal bass lures, he grabbed his light tackle and was fishing a Fire-Fly jig that we normally use for crappie. We were in about 18 ft of water and with the light rod he had fun landing the fish.
As for crappie, there is only one place I have ever caught crappie at Hagg and only in the fall when the reservoir is down. You need a GPS to find the spot but it does produce some decent crappie and some monster bluegill. Last fall, my wife and I caught 8 bluegill in excess of 9" and my PB of 10 1/2".
A couple of years ago we placed 160 crappie in Hagg with an ODFW permit and we hope that someday Hagg will be a decent crappie lake. I C&R'd 37 last year at my spot with several in the 10-11" range.
Once the water warms up there will plenty of bluegill down by the dam and a fair number of bass.

F
FishSchooler
Went today. Got nothing but a few bites. Used power eggs at the pier, but 2 other dudes were getting tons of bites! One of them just hooked every single fish that nibbled their power eggs. They used chartruese powereggs with a couple pautske's balls of fire. Cold day in the rain, but then an hour after we left, it was all sunny! Shoulda gone back...:rolleyes:

kidholiday
kidholiday
Went yesterday, hardly anyone was catching anything, I did see one person catch a 9 lb trout from a float tube near the covered pier but that was it. I tried for bass and trout nothing. Oh well next time.