Typical...

18406ej
18406ej
I am planning a Father's Day float-tube excursion to Big Cliff, as this is one of the few times I will get to fish this summer. Of course I just looked at the lunar callendar, and saw that it will be a full moon on that weekend. Hopefully if I am there around 4:30A I will be able to get in on some action anyway.

O
OnTheFly
18406ej said:
I am planning a Father's Day float-tube excursion to Big Cliff, as this is one of the few times I will get to fish this summer. Of course I just looked at the lunar callendar, and saw that it will be a full moon on that weekend. Hopefully if I am there around 4:30A I will be able to get in on some action anyway.

ej, They just dumped 2500 trout into Big Cliff this week so you might do pretty good there. If you bomb out at Big cliff, drive up past Detroit and put in again at Santiam Flats camp ground ($5.00 day use) and fish the area just below where the N. Santiam runs in. Although not a color picture, here's what you get up there...

Last edited:
18406ej
18406ej
Thanks for the tip - looks like we have identical craft

O
OnTheFly
18406ej said:
Thanks for the tip - looks like we have identical craft

Yeah...the Fish Cats are nice. I really like the inflatable seat and back rest.

18406ej
18406ej
Score 2500 to zero

Score 2500 to zero

ODOTmay have planted fish in Big Cliff this week, but the fish are laying low. I spent a fun-filled 6 hours kicking around the lake, but only saw two jumpers, both of which appeared to be about 4" long. I went over to the South side of the reservoir across from the boat landing and found several nice beach areas with steep drop offs that look like prime trout holding zones.

This was the first time I have been to Big Cliff on a weekday, and when I left the place was packed. There was even a crowd at the jetty where the creek enters the reservoir near the dam. Nobody I spoke to was having luck, and those catching reported small fish (4-5"). It was a good way to start Fathers Day.