Britenbrush

M
mgman6000
My son and I went up to the Britenbrush river yesterday and really couldn't find a spot
that wasn't hard to get to. We did catch some nice ones but where do you go? I saw a road going off towards Ollala lake is that a good place to go? Do they stock the north fork? Beautiful river but at 65 I don't need no stinking mountain climbing!!

R
Rascal
go to one of the campgrounds and right behind spot 13 or 18(can't remember which) and nail them no big hike really

ill let you know when i figure out which campground it was again lol

C
capblack
humbug campground has a trail down to the river, but theres limited places to fish there, and if your talking about north fork of the santiam above detroit, yes they stock it, but the nate cutthroats and brookies are way more fun to catch than the stockers. good luck, Brian

M
Michael
Rascal said:
go to one of the campgrounds and right behind spot 13 or 18(can't remember which) and nail them no big hike really

ill let you know when i figure out which campground it was again lol

I think maybe you're talking about the Britenbush Campground. Not the hot springs place, but just another 100 yards or so past it on the right is the Britenbush CAMPGROUND. and yeah... head in, take the fork to the right, and the camp spots right on the turn around has immediate river access.

Is that the place you're refering too?

troutdude
troutdude
capblack said:
humbug campground has a trail down to the river, but theres limited places to fish there, and if your talking about north fork of the santiam above detroit, yes they stock it, but the nate cutthroats and brookies are way more fun to catch than the stockers. good luck, Brian

IF you choose to fish the Little North Fork Santiam...be certain to read the regulations before you head out.

D
Derick
Hit up cleaterbend bridge its a great spot for trout in that area and u can fish from the bridge or hike for quite awhile to find better holes. It is about 8 miles outside of detroit towards Breitenbush hotsprings (its the bridge at the cutoff for the hotsprings). Devils creek is a really cool spot for some small stream catch and release with mircolites and flies as well, but that is about a 1 mile hike from the community gates.