Hooked On Float Fishin

D
Derek
Hooked my first steelhead on a jig and bobber last monday now im hooked still like bouncin corkies and yarn. But float fishin seems to me to be a bit more exciting. Plus I was the only one I saw hook one that day, but thats just the luck of gettin your stuff in front of the fish.

J
Johnny Southpaw
Nice job! I've yet to hook into metal with jig and bobber but I can see how exciting it would be to see that float disappear and WHAMMO!!! Any pics?

J
JeannaJigs
Right on! this is what happened to me several years ago...and I'm still hopelessly addicted to a float and jig rig.

J
Justluck
Awesome, Congrats! Got my first one on a bobber and jig as well 2 weeks ago.

S
steelhead_stalkers
I love when the float slowly sinks under the water and you pull up on the rod to see a large chrome steelhead flash!! This is just before all hell breaks loose, its one of the best feelings in fishing for me :) Good job on the fish.

J
JeannaJigs
steelhead_stalkers said:
I love when the float slowly sinks under the water and you pull up on the rod to see a large chrome steelhead flash!! This is just before all hell breaks loose, its one of the best feelings in fishing for me :) Good job on the fish.

Agreed. Easily the best feeling in the world.

D
Derek
Don't have any pics but did have a tape measure 29.5 about average but still fun.