can any one answer a question or 2?

P
POPE
Hello all,

I have just moved to oregon city from boring oregon. I went exploring my area to find where and what kind of fishing i have availible. I ran accross clackamette park where willamette and clack join. i threw the pole in under the bridge there pretty late in the day with no luck. then as i was leaving i noticed some what of a lake that may be conected to the river? any one know of the lake i speak and if and what kinds of fish i might find in thur?

I have always just been able to hit the sandy river from my house in boring, or the ponds off gleason in gresham. im really going nuts not knowing where to go or what i can fish for in this area. could i get some info?

A
ArcticAmoeba
That big pond has some Bass, Carp, Pikeminnows, probably Sculpins, and Whitefish too, since they are now becoming prevolant in the Clack. I once heard of a smallish gator hooked out of there a long time ago. It is a stagnant, alge ridde npond and if you can get to the docks, there are some very respectable Smallmouth Bass to be had near those structures. If you are in O.C. you are close to the Willy above the falls. There are turn offs on 99 headed towords Canby that all are good for warmwater stuff. Take Clackamas River Dr. out of town and you will see multiple spots to pull off and toss line in before you get to Carver.

Last edited:
F
Fishtopher
Great spots in there....

Great spots in there....

ArcticAmoeba said:
If you are in O.C. you are close to the Willy above the falls. There are turn offs on 99 headed towords Canby that all are good for warmwater stuff. Take Clackamas River Dr. out of town and you will see multiple spots to pull off and toss line in before you get to Carver.

Great tip there!! One of my favorite fishing holes is right in there. Have some great memories with family and friends there....Awesome catfish holes, great bass structure! Gets kinda spooky around 2 am though.:shock:...Lottsa little critters runnin' around that like to stay right outside of yer lantern's light...Yer surely fishin' with a chance of catchin' if yer at Clackamette though. But I haven't seen too many folks using bobbers there. Lots of spinner tossers during Coho season. Never heard too much about the little pond off to the side though, besides sturg tales like A.A. spoke of.

P
POPE
nice, thank you for the great info. i'll be there tomorrow and the next day, and the next, and the next, lol. im going to take that drive on 99 as well. i went and through in at carver today and only cought 3 stick fish. im excited to try the bass. do you suppose they would be biting in this cold of weather?

fishtopher, night cat fishing sounds killer to, do you not get bothered by the local police down thur that late?

F
Fishtopher
No. But Im sure they do check in on the area. I think you could catch a Bass in there now. Best bet right now would be fish it afternoonish, on a sunny day. That might get a few stirred up. Probably have to work the water pretty hard though.