Called me in a hen!

S
steelhead1
HAAhaha! I want to go with ya sometime,you can call one in for me too!....

Reactions: Slick
K
Kevinb5688
I had a good 4 man limit last week, all mallards and wigeon.

Reactions: Slick
S
Slick
Kevinb5688 said:
I had a good 4 man limit last week, all mallards and wigeon.
Are you seeing any pintails?

troutdude
troutdude
So in essence, it was mail call <term used loosely>? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Sounded good to me; but I am no expert.

As the unOFFicial Mayor of OFFsville, I now induct you into the OFF the Wall Call Hall of Fame. ;)

M
Mad dog
Slick said:

Killed these last thursday.
008-8.jpg

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Pardon my ignorance, but, do you eat them? Any recipes'? My mom always said ducks tasted greasy so just wondering.

M
Mad dog
Raincatcher said:
Pardon my ignorance, but, do you eat them? Any recipes'? My mom always said ducks tasted greasy so just wondering.

Depends on the duck....the way I shoot....sometimes there isn't much left to clean, let alone eat!!! :lol:

Actually it depends on species and where they were harvested, they are only as good as what they have been eating! The ducks in the picture above were shot in a tidewater marsh so they go straight into the pepperoni pile! ;)

We have a lot of good recipes, most people eating them don't even know it's duck until you tell them! My oldest son made me some mallard philly cheese steak sandwich's a couple of days ago that were absolutely delicious!!! :clap:

S
Slick
Mad dog said:
Killed these last thursday.
008-8.jpg
Nice Mad dog. The widgeons will make good gumbo too. Roast the mallards and pintails medium rare.

S
Slick
troutdude said:
So in essence, it was mail call <term used loosely>? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Sounded good to me; but I am no expert.

As the unOFFicial Mayor of OFFsville, I now induct you into the OFF the Wall Call Hall of Fame. ;)
Thanks troutdude. I've been calling for over 30 years and used to do some guiding in Arkansas. I've probably own over 30 calls. I'm sure that I've called in thousands of ducks in my life. Love the stuff but can't hunt right now til I get this damn back and knees fixed.

Last edited:
S
Slick
K
Kevinb5688
Slick said:

Seeing a few pintail, not as many as last year. a lot of mallards this year though, so thats good news.

L
lilsalmon
Does that duck call come in male? :lol::lol:

S
Slick
lilsalmon said:
Does that duck call come in male? :lol::lol:
Funny you should ask. Here's the universal call for a drake. It doesn't take much practice ladies. boobies.png

L
lilsalmon
Slick said:
Funny you should ask. Here's the universal call for a drake. It doesn't take much practice ladies. boobies.png

:shock::shock::D

T
tomriker
i haven't gone out yet, we have 1000's of wigeon on our lake everyday and quiet a few geese, but im not ready to put up the fishin' rod yet and pick up the shotgun:think::think:

maybe i should just get out there

S
Slick
Well, it'll all be over in less than a month now.