coosbay bass

B
bassin16
going to coosbay for this next weekend gunna do some bass fishing gunna mostly fish a private lake down there for LM bass but anyone got any ideas of what to use or anyone fished the coast lakes latly? anything will help

Y
yfz450guy
have not been there but want to go. i hear ten mile lakes is good. thats close to coos bay.

B
bassin16
yfz450guy said:
have not been there but want to go. i hear ten mile lakes is good. thats close to coos bay.

yeah ten mile is good and loon lake is good and like all of the lakes down there are good for bass

F
fishndad
all the lakes here are good! but the problem is the bass arent moving much. went to ten mile today and not even a look...

F
Finneus Polebender
fishndad said:
all the lakes here are good! but the problem is the bass arent moving much. went to ten mile today and not even a look...

had a friend spend 12 hrs over 3 days fishin 10 mile caught 1 - 3lb LM on a spinner bait hopefully they will start wakin up for you coastal guys soon good luck

F
fishndad
yeah thats the problem with the coastal lakes here they are real slow until about the end of may!

F
Finneus Polebender
fishndad said:
yeah thats the problem with the coastal lakes here they are real slow until about the end of may!

Does it ever get to a point where you can c and r double digit fish in an outing or are they more the search for the elusive lunker type thing

F
fishndad
no it gets damn good here it just takes a while for them to get moving thats all. ill catch tons on a single outing its just waiting for the weather to permit!

F
Finneus Polebender
fishndad said:
no it gets damn good here it just takes a while for them to get moving thats all. ill catch tons on a single outing its just waiting for the weather to permit!

Sounds cool will keep an eye on the takenitch thing then sounds like late may early june then ?

B
bassin16
yea i went down there last june and it was great but yea
so its still slow there well then i will just have to work harder not that fishing is ever work but you all should know what i mean

F
fishndad
Finneus Polebender said:
Sounds cool will keep an eye on the takenitch thing then sounds like late may early june then ?

yeah late may early june! awesome fishing there, there is some lunkers on the five mile half!

F
fishndad
bassin16 said:
yea i went down there last june and it was great but yea
so its still slow there well then i will just have to work harder not that fishing is ever work but you all should know what i mean

lol when exactly are you coming?

B
Bassdad54
Club Tournament

Club Tournament

Our club Mid Valley Bass out of Albany held small tourney there Apr 25,26.We had 6 boats everybody caught fish.2 day tourney and 10 bass for 30.86lb won it.Day 1 all boats had limits Day 2 all boats weighed fish but only 2 boats didn't weigh a limit. There will be big tournament this coming weekend Bassin' For Bucks on Saturday

B
bassin16
i am going over there the 30, 1, 2, and the 3rd so this coming weekend
just hope i can get something

F
fishndad
bassin16 said:
i am going over there the 30, 1, 2, and the 3rd so this coming weekend
just hope i can get something

good luck bud!

B
bassin16
well fished today dident get anything used spinnerbaits frogs kreature baits then the rain came and went inside to the warmth

F
fenderbender
Hey bassin 16, I have fished ten mile, and Eel lake a lot and my favorite is topwater buzzbaits, they are a blast. Usually later in the summer, they work really well. Right now, I'm sure plastics will be the ticket. Lots of docks and structure on these coastal lakes. And ALWAYS a lot of fun. Good luck and remember to C & R. Have fun fender

B
bassin16
went out again today and fishing for about 3 hours and finally got 2 large mouths a 1 pounder and a 4 pounder both on the kreature bait so it was over all a good day

F
Finneus Polebender
bassin16 said:
went out again today and fishing for about 3 hours and finally got 2 large mouths a 1 pounder and a 4 pounder both on the kreature bait so it was over all a good day

any pics? persistance do pay nice job

F
fishndad
bassin16 said:

congrats bud! im getting the urge and its building up!