Siltcoos and Tahkenitch

J
JeannaJigs
mikeredding said:
Yep I definitely saw you and I saw the dude in the 20'+ alumaweld sled. Was the guy that hit you the dude in the drift boat cause he almost he me a couple of times?

Surprisingly it was not the guys in the drift boat, though they did come close, multiple times. I've seen them down there a lot, every trip the last 3 weeks actually. The guys in the 20' alumaweld sled had noooo business down there, way too big of a boat for that tiny river. We were trying to get out and they had the entire lane by those boat sheds completely blocked, and wouldn't move. Finally they did, but we got dirty looks passing them.

J
JeannaJigs
billfish said:
went to the outlet today .when i pulled in to park there was no vehicles there .im thinking mmmm . i will have the hole place to my self nice .[good sighn].so im walking to my favorite spot i see one boat fighting a fish [ggod sighn] nice adult coho fished for about an hour saw one roll .then bat sighn asea lion pops his head up [badd sighn ] i say to my self if he is in here it could mean to things that fish are in here or he chased them in to the lake went down stream futher saw one role casted tho times then third cast got him the fish went CRAZY darting back and forth [im thinking hope that sea lion is not around ] he settled down so i get her up on the bank i look on its tail i see teeth marks. anyways [score : ] billfish 1 sealion 0 ] on the tail in the pics you can see how close i was to loosing that fish. THAT IS THE ONE THAT GOT AWAY [from a sea lion] lol.

Nice fish! Damn sea lions. I hate those things so much. Pretty sure if they hadn't been around we coulda hooked up because the fish were rollin' before they showed up sunday. Good job on the one that got away lol

M
mikeredding
JeannaJigs said:
The guys in the 20' alumaweld sled had noooo business down there, way too big of a boat for that tiny river. We were trying to get out and they had the entire lane by those boat sheds completely blocked, and wouldn't move. Finally they did, but we got dirty looks passing them.

I hear you there. I went by them at the same spot. I was trying to be nice and asked them if they had any luck and the driver just shot me a dirty look and said "nothing but a big headache". Well he brought it on himself by having that bigass boat down there.

M
mikeredding
JeannaJigs said:
Nice fish! Damn sea lions. I hate those things so much. Pretty sure if they hadn't been around we coulda hooked up because the fish were rollin' before they showed up sunday. Good job on the one that got away lol

I went down there first off in the morning and they were rolling good. I should have stayed there but went up fiddle cr for a while and when I came back there was a gazillion boats and the sea lions and no fish rolling.

J
JeannaJigs
mikeredding said:
I went down there first off in the morning and they were rolling good. I should have stayed there but went up fiddle cr for a while and when I came back there was a gazillion boats and the sea lions and no fish rolling.

Yeah you just never know...we made the mistake of getting a late start, and then starting at the river at the arrival of sea lions and a floatilla, and headed up maple creek thinking..well...maybe? but there was nothing.

I'm gonna go one more time.

AND TOMORROW I might have my own drift boat! SNAP! So excited I could pee my pants right now. LOL. So I might be out there in my own boat for a change...damn that would be sweet!

H
Hawk
JeannaJigs said:
Yeah you just never know...we made the mistake of getting a late start, and then starting at the river at the arrival of sea lions and a floatilla, and headed up maple creek thinking..well...maybe? but there was nothing.

I'm gonna go one more time.

AND TOMORROW I might have my own drift boat! SNAP! So excited I could pee my pants right now. LOL. So I might be out there in my own boat for a change...damn that would be sweet!

Git a submarine. yu can sea the fish better.

:lol::lol::lol:

j/k...Sis...:D

Hope you get the Driftboat....:pray:

H
Hawk
billfish said:
went to the outlet today .when i pulled in to park there was no vehicles there .im thinking mmmm . i will have the hole place to my self nice .[good sighn].so im walking to my favorite spot i see one boat fighting a fish [ggod sighn] nice adult coho fished for about an hour saw one roll .then bat sighn asea lion pops his head up [badd sighn ] i say to my self if he is in here it could mean to things that fish are in here or he chased them in to the lake went down stream futher saw one role casted tho times then third cast got him the fish went CRAZY darting back and forth [im thinking hope that sea lion is not around ] he settled down so i get her up on the bank i look on its tail i see teeth marks. anyways [score : ] billfish 1 sealion 0 ] on the tail in the pics you can see how close i was to loosing that fish. THAT IS THE ONE THAT GOT AWAY [from a sea lion] lol.

Great Job.

That is a Reel Beauty, Bro.

:D

J
JeannaJigs
Hawk said:
Git a submarine. yu can sea the fish better.

:lol::lol::lol:

j/k...Sis...:D

Hope you get the Driftboat....:pray:

Gonna get some snorkeling gear and a spear and go salmon fishing, don't need a submarine then.

Anddddddddd I'm getting the driftboat. Tonight. :D Stoked. It's not fancy, but whatever it floats and it's white, so the blood will look real good on it LOL

W
windburnt
JeannaJigs said:
Gonna get some snorkeling gear and a spear and go salmon fishing, don't need a submarine then.

Anddddddddd I'm getting the driftboat. Tonight. :D Stoked. It's not fancy, but whatever it floats and it's white, so the blood will look real good on it LOL

welcome aboard jenna... congrats... good job

J
JeannaJigs
windburnt said:
welcome aboard jenna... congrats... good job

I am excited :D Thinkin' of just taking it out on the lake saturday afternoon after work, we will see how my back is holding up...it's not registered for a motor as of yet, it's been a non motorized river boat only...we'll see.

W
windburnt
JeannaJigs said:
I am excited :D Thinkin' of just taking it out on the lake saturday afternoon after work, we will see how my back is holding up...it's not registered for a motor as of yet, it's been a non motorized river boat only...we'll see.

if u want a motor... i can get u a 6hp for real cheap and its nice...dude has lost his mind... mostly in garage. evinrude. And a foot electric motor for cheap, but i might scoop that up and sell ya mine..ehehehe

T
Thuggin4Life
I wish someone would take that evinrude of my hands and get it out of my way.......

J
JeannaJigs
Thuggin4Life said:
I wish someone would take that evinrude of my hands and get it out of my way.......

Lol lookin' at this boat (which I can't stop staring at) I need a long shaft motor. your six won't work :( don't think anyways....

Did I mention that I got a drift boat? 'cause I did....

Maybe it's the lucky charm i need to slaughter somethin' sunday...just knowin' that it's in the driveway and mine...even though it can't go out and kill fish yet...it's glory day is comin'...and that's all I need to get somethin' sunday. That's my story and I'm stickin' to it.

T
Thuggin4Life
Talked to my buddy with the drift boat. He has a longshaft.

N
nwdunerider
anyone tried tahkenitch this week the fish must be ther by now !

J
JeannaJigs
nwdunerider said:
anyone tried tahkenitch this week the fish must be ther by now !

Should be decent by now, I would think

B
billfish
siltcoos

siltcoos

went to siltcoos today lots of fish rolling dam was open caugt a nice buck. should be some more on the way ...

Last edited:
C
Chrome_Chaser
That's one chromer!!

J
JeannaJigs
billfish said:
went to siltcoos today lots of fish rolling dam was open caugt a nice buck. should be some more on the way ...

!!! That's a chromer!! I might just have to take my drift boat over there after work tomorrow, won't leave me much time, but hey, the evening bite might be decent :) I'm going sunday, and that will likely be my last migration over there for the year because I have a lot of stuff going on that needs attention.

B
billfish
shaaaa like your new drift boat .to get ready for steelhead ??????