ODFW report...tagged coho.

B
bigfootfish
Hawg Boss? Boss Hawg? Who from where?

BFF

M
Mike123
I dont believe everything ODFW says.... very little of it actually.

Coho stray BIG time... as seen on other posts of them spawning in ditches.

C
chris61182
bigfootfish said:
Hawg Boss? Boss Hawg? Who from where?

BFF

The author of the quote Masmith shared from ifish.

C
chris61182
Mike123 said:
I dont believe everything ODFW says.... very little of it actually.

And that's a very good stance to take, take for example that ODFW keeps insisting that bass also have a fall spawn.

N
nointrntrprts
Oh My!! If it was written on iFish, it MUST be true :rolleyes:! not so much...

B
bigfootfish
Fall Spawn Bass?

Fall Spawn Bass?

Largemouth or Smallmouth Bass? I've actually caught both species in late October and found the hens had eggs in them.

BFF

M
masmith
Not sure why this thread is bringing out the ifish vs. OFF debate, I guess it's easier then discussing the actual subject.

H
halibuthitman
when a fish returns an is captured at big creek, hatched at gnat creek trucked to klaskenine, then transfered to sandy until they reach the propper number per pound count and then dumped in another river how on earth could every one return to the right river?

B
bigfootfish
a Debate?

a Debate?

Well said, HH! You too, MM. I never heard of ifish until yesterday. Some things can slip by us. Checked it out yesterday, noticed some format simularities. Which came online first, OFF or ifish? Anyone?:):think::D

M
Mike123
bigfootfish said:
Well said, HH! You too, MM. I never heard of ifish until yesterday. Some things can slip by us. Checked it out yesterday, noticed some format simularities. Which came online first, OFF or ifish? Anyone?:):think::D

Uhm good question! My vote is Ifish came first but I could be wrong???

Anyone know? :think:

H
halibuthitman
Ifish pre-dates OFF by several years. It was really just a braggers forum, spawned from the hunting and fishing weekly papers, many members of these mediums recieved threats ( some even life threatening ) for posting real-time info on steelhead and king runs... some of those people decided that the tyranny and bullsh&* had gone on long enough.... and became OFF,ers:)

B
beaverfan
Very well put!!!

M
Mike123
Whats funny is I see posts all the time made by kiss-a$$es and brown nosers, aka mods, that If I made the same post I would be banned in a heart beat.

I can't wait till the day they ban or flame a computer hacker and Ifish goes down! :clap:

M
masmith
Mike123 said:
Whats funny is I see posts all the time made by kiss-a$$es and brown nosers, aka mods, that If I made the same post I would be banned in a heart beat.

I can't wait till the day they ban or flame a computer hacker and Ifish goes down! :clap:

I think Ifish sucks too, but some good information can be found anywhere.

Ifish is like a place where you go to show a picture, brag, and then not tell anyone where you took the picture.

But, I still think that coho made it up the falls 300 years ago.

D
DirectDrive
Mike123 said:
Uhm good question! My vote is Ifish came first but I could be wrong???

Anyone know? :think:
April 2000 I believe, was when iFish started.

I'll add that I post over there and know some good people that frequent that site.
I will also add that I was "over-moderated" IMHO, on one occasion. Come to think of it I haven't seen that mod since then :)

I like OFF because of several things :

Most of the posts are positive in nature....that's something to strive for every chance you get.

The realtime (almost) reports.

The streamside videos are very cool....and unique.

Newb friendly.....

Last edited:
C
chris61182
bigfootfish said:
Largemouth or Smallmouth Bass? I've actually caught both species in late October and found the hens had eggs in them.

BFF

I've never paid enough attention to whether they specify large or small mouth. And I guess I shouldn't say Oregon bass don't have a fall spawn, but that would certainly make them quite unique as they don't tend to do that anywhere else in N. America.

As for my personal experience with fall bass in Oregon they're normally doing what fall bass do in the rest of the states, they're following bait around and gorging themselves on it.

K
Kodiak
BFF..124 yrs ago the falls were much closer to the current mouth of the clack, and the height and water flows have changed dramatically. There is no definitive way to prove or disprove the prior existance of coho above willamete falls. I have paintings done by early family memebers that lived in O.C. when it was the capitol of the oregon teritory. Looking at the paintings there are obvious fish passages much easier to pass than today. Also the argument fails to consider the fact that not all coho will pass in oct., and nov. There might just be a possibility that that some chrome coho pass the falls in dec. I know of several caught of Jtown boat ramp prior to christmas when i was a kid. These fish were bright, strong, not chinook, and not steelhead. It is possible that water levels were high enough in late november and early december to allow a small number of late returning coho to ascend the falls and spawn in the upper willamete tribs. Even O'stupid can not deny that. As far as late spawning bass are concearned they should a be bonked. They are a non-naitve invasive spiecies like tansy and ragweed. If the feds bonk the coho in the north system then the bass should be exterminated with extream prejudice....my .02.

M
Mike123
masmith said:
I think Ifish sucks too, but some good information can be found anywhere.

Ifish is like a place where you go to show a picture, brag, and then not tell anyone where you took the picture.

But, I still think that coho made it up the falls 300 years ago.

I think there's more braggers here on OFF... Ifish is just a place to argue. :lol:

B
bigfootfish
Cowabunga!

Cowabunga!

Wow. I've been away from my peecee for several days, and so many comments to catch up on. A wealth of information and opinions. Thank y'all.
Mike123, thanks for your sharp humor. Ouch!:shock:

Kodiak, I suppose just because a bass has eggs in her doesn't actually mean she's gonna spawn soon. Fish biology is so awesome. And you'e right on about the W. Falls. I learned in geology the details of how falls move upstream. Good thinking there. I like your insight.:think:

Regarding ifish...I found the website rather......stuffy. Overall. There is indeed good info there too. I guess I like and appreciate the candor on OFF.
Thanks halibuthitman, masmith, DirectDrive, chris 61182, and beaverfan for your words.:clap:

I just looked at the W. Falls counts. Amazing. Numbers small but growing. Doubt they'll keep growing much. Hope I'm surprised.:pray:

BFF

Last edited: