Live bait Reels

D
Derek
was lookin through cabelas catalog and saw a couple spinning reels that were live bait reels they had a button on the back that I guess free spools the spool to let line out instead of opening the bail I guess kinda working like a baitcast or level wind anyone ever used one of these? thought it might work prety good for bobber fishing. I might try one out i think Cabelas has a 30 day trial period. but if someone else has used one I would like to know what you think.

Troutski
Troutski
Cool reels...

Cool reels...

Derek said:
was lookin through cabelas catalog and saw a couple spinning reels that were live bait reels they had a button on the back that I guess free spools the spool to let line out instead of opening the bail I guess kinda working like a baitcast or level wind anyone ever used one of these? thought it might work prety good for bobber fishing. I might try one out i think Cabelas has a 30 day trial period. but if someone else has used one I would like to know what you think.

I use to have one, I lost it overboard about 14 years ago. I had no idea they still made them, the button does in fact free spool and it would be great as a bobber reel. What model number was it, I would be in line to pick one up my self. Thanks a million...:dance: :clap: :dance: :clap:

Chuck

D
Derek
the ones I saw were made by PENN, Okuma, and cabelas had there own I have the catalog at work I will bring it home in the morning to get you the model numbers. they seem prety reasonable priced to they were all under 100 bucks.

Troutski
Troutski
Sweet...

Sweet...

Derek said:
the ones I saw were made by PENN, Okuma, and cabelas had there own I have the catalog at work I will bring it home in the morning to get you the model numbers. they seem prety reasonable priced to they were all under 100 bucks.

Look forward to it...

Chuck

D
Derek
Sorry it took so long for the reply troutski but someone took the catalog out of the breakroom but I see drew put up the cabelas website I think I might go with the PENN but still not sure.

T
Troutier Bassier
I have one that dose that. I dont think it works anymore though. It would be great for free drifting.

N
ninja2010
i had a daiwa baitrunner and that was a great one with adjustable freespool tension. it worked great with live bait in the salt, and i'm sure it'll be good for bobber fishing the rivers.