Newport surf fishing 12/26

PK Yi
PK Yi
I managed to get out last saturday for some redtail surf perch fishin'. the wind was dead calm, but the surf was pretty rough from the recent storms. the bites were far in between; I managed to land 2 redtails & some silver surf perch. kept some for the frying pan.

looking at a few surf report sites, it seems the surf is starting to calm down a little bit. there's some good weather in the forecast for the next 2-3 days, so I'm hoping to get back out there again soon. with the calmer surf, I'm expecting my catch will go up.

anyways, that's my report. and if you guys do plan on going out, use a lot of caution with the waves as they are pretty unpredictable. stay safe and have fun.

- PK.

Last edited by a moderator:
P
playhooky
Pretty chunky looking Redtails (and well fed Silvers).......congrats! I plan to give it a go again one of these days. Thanks for the post. Cheers! DD Park again?

troutdude
troutdude
Sammy; did you have a tournament as hoped for?

PK Yi
PK Yi
troutdude said:
Sammy; did you have a tournament as hoped for?

no, I cancelled it due to weather. going to plan another one sometime in early 2016.

PK Yi
PK Yi
playhooky said:
Pretty chunky looking Redtails (and well fed Silvers).......congrats! I plan to give it a go again one of these days. Thanks for the post. Cheers! DD Park again?

yea. don davis park/ nye beach park. they are all along there.

troutdude
troutdude
sammy said:
no, I cancelled it due to weather. going to plan another one sometime in early 2016.

10-4

U
upstate88
that one on top looks nice. My wife just got me a new reel an I am hoping to get out here soon but its not looking good.

T
troutfisher
I'm planning to hit the Nye beach area on Friday (1/1/16) around noon to fish the incoming tide. If anyone happens to be around feel free to stop by and say hi. I'll be there with my wife and son. This will be the second attempt at figuring out this fishery. My first go at it left me empty handed.

PK Yi
PK Yi
troutfisher said:
I'm planning to hit the Nye beach area on Friday (1/1/16) around noon to fish the incoming tide. If anyone happens to be around feel free to stop by and say hi. I'll be there with my wife and son. This will be the second attempt at figuring out this fishery. My first go at it left me empty handed.

cool, best of luck to ya. friday is suppose to be really nice too. I was there today and caught only 2. I fished from noon to 2:30. the first one hit my bait hard, I was sure he'd be a good one. but he came in just over 12". the 2nd one was around 11". it was a fun day though. wind was calm but the surf was rough as usual.

there is a small chance I might be out there too friday. maybe I'll see you out there.