Whittaker

B
bran_man
just wondering if anybody has been out to whitaker creek lately? I haven't been out there since the water went up and was just was wondering how it was looking out there

J
JeannaJigs
I'll be going past there tomorrow...will peep it. My bet is it's still pretty ugly.

L
lilsalmon
JeannaJigs said:
I'll be going past there tomorrow...will peep it. My bet is it's still pretty ugly.

Wish I was going...damn job..hehe

J
JeannaJigs
lilsalmon said:
Wish I was going...damn job..hehe

If I don't get murdered or eaten alive by a predatory critter during my solo adventure tomorrow...we will go fishing sometime soon!

N
nwkiller
hate it up there always a zoo!

Reactions: JeannaJigs
J
jack_king
I fished the Toyota Hole for about 3 hrs yesterday morning (lost one). Conditions don't get too much better this time of year. Saw one other lost just above me and one boated down at the 1 mile hole. It was busy, but there were holes available. Probably 6-8 drift boats total.

J
JeannaJigs
It's actually looking pretty good considering what it was. Milky green and it's at a good level. That said, I only drove through, but the monkeys are filling up the zoo. About 12 drift boat trailers. Hate to be there this weekend when all the goons are out. So glad my days off aren't weekends anymore

S
Santiam338
I will know more about it after tomorrow...Wildcat to the swinging bridge...I hope the Slaw treats me better than the Alsea did..

S
Santiam338
The Slaw did treat me better..

IMG_2185.jpg

J
JeannaJigs
Nice!

N
nwkiller
nice work

B
Boombollie
Oh yeah!

A
alm21
Great fish!

T
Tred
Siuslaw and me have a love hate relationship. It is nice to see some fish being caught. I am going to try and hit it mid week. Report coming if I can make it work.

P
plumb2fish
There sure seems to be a lot of nates this year....I got a beauty today below the forks picking pockets with drift gear.Just haven't been able to find a bonker yet this year.

R
rippin fish lips
Looks like I will go give it a shot next weekend on saturday. Hope i can get into one! With the nates bein in there i will have to bump it up to 8 pound with 6 pound leader. Im pretty sure my rod has eplenty of back bone for a native :p

T
Tred
Busy

Busy

Well I couldn't wait until mid week so I took the DB down Sunday. I forgot about the Zoo type atmosphere, but braved it. I was lucky enough to get one into the boat off bobber n jig. My son had one on for about a minute drift fishing bait, but it got under the boat then snapped him off. It was a gorgeous day and a great time with my boy.

S
Santiam338
Tred said:
Well I couldn't wait until mid week so I took the DB down Sunday. I forgot about the Zoo type atmosphere, but braved it. I was lucky enough to get one into the boat off bobber n jig. My son had one on for about a minute drift fishing bait, but it got under the boat then snapped him off. It was a gorgeous day and a great time with my boy.

I was there also...Only saw 2 other boats on Friday..16 to 18 on Sunday...LOL

No steel for us,but did have a late chinook slam a blue pirate...Broke up the monotony..;)

F
FishFiddle
Hey S-338, What stretch did you float on the Alsea?? Thinking about going tomorrow.

S
Santiam338
Didn't catch anything on the Alsea...But it was Mill cr down...