What to wear ?

What to wear ?

• I wear my waders as street clothes. Hey, it's Portland.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear street clothes and put my waders on over them in the parking lot.

Votes: 5 71.4%
  • I drop trow by my trunk and put my waders on. I've taken more off in public before.

Votes: 3 42.9%

• Total voters
P
pinstriper
Today's exercise in Help The Rookie: How do you manage what you wear on the way to fishing when you plan on using waders ?

As always, don't set the new guy up with bad advice, and please, no gambling.

jamisonace
jamisonace
Depends on the weather. If it's hot I drop trow. No commando though, chaffing gets intense.

Casting Call
Casting Call
I use base layers of (depending what fishery)of wool,polypropene,neos or thermals under oversize overalls or jumpsuit. Once destinated I shed the over/jumps suit, climb into waders. If need be to enter a resturant or meet the wife at Safeway for shopping I slip on the Tommy Bahamas Golf Overalls and Tommy Helfiger hat and knowone is the wiser. Tony

Casting Call
Casting Call
FMI I Always carry a pair of high end golf oversized overalls in the rig. Never know when you have to climb out a window or when the wife says Iam not going in there with you looking like a bum, or meet the boss on the course on sunday for a emergency meeting at the 19th hole. Tony

B
Big3d
Never thought much about it but I usually wear jeans or cargo shorts under my neoprene waders, gotta watch out for the death pinch that way though.

bass
bass
Not sure if this is helpful but I often wear waders in my kayak once the water temp drops below 60. I wear various amounts of layers underneath based upon the air temp. I put on all my layers for the day at home and put on the waders when I get to where I am going. Everything I wear underneath is wicking and breathable including my fishing pants. I tend to err on the too warm side since I can always splash water on my waders to cool off.

Chromatose
Chromatose
Neoprene waders or Breathable?

S
sapo
I wear regular clothes and put the waders over..and where I fish, there are no parking lots.