Thanksgiving break!

O
Outdoorsman5
Hey All I haven't been on here for awhile I moved to coeur dAlene Idaho for school and oh man fishing over here for small trout has left me itching for something a lot bigger and a lot tastier and I'm going to be in Portland for a couple days during thanksgiving and wondering what rivers would be the best bet I'm not sure on river levels or how the runs are this year I just am looking for somewhere that has a good bet to catch something bigger then a 10 in trout haha thanks in advance!! I do have my clackacraft stores in Portland so I could do some drifts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B
Berg03
id recommend drifting the wilson. easy drift. mills bridge down to the next bridge. Will have chance for some nooks and some steel at that time. I would watch the water meters before you go. 5.5ft to 6ft would be great fishing. If it blows over 8ft have to give it 3 days to clear. GL man

O
Outdoorsman5
Thanks for the info that really helps what's the stretch of the river like? I've never drifted it before

B
Berg03
as far as how easy it is with the boat, VERY easy. Ive done it with my pontoon boat before without worry. Multiple deep holes. First stretch is good bobber egg/jig water. can drift fish or bobber the entire float. depends on your favorite techniques

troutdude
troutdude
You can keep an eye, on the level here:

http://water.weather.gov/ahps2/hydrograph.php?gage=tlmo3&wfo=pqr

Here's what it looks like, at the moment, and out to this Saturday. As you can see, the predicitions are for the river to hover at 5' on Turkey day.

Wilson level.png

And here is the weather forecast, for this week:

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?CityName=Tillamook&state=OR&site=PQR&textField1=45.4564&textField2=-123.843&e=0#.VlMnGHarTcs

O
Outdoorsman5
Is there any good back bouncing holes??Thanks troutdude that really helps! And thank you so much berg that's is a loud of help!!

O
Outdoorsman5
Load

troutdude
troutdude
Outdoorsman5 said:
Is there any good back bouncing holes??Thanks troutdude that really helps! And thank you so much berg that's is a loud of help!!Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You're welcome. Good luck, and let us know how you do.

O
OnTheDrop
Awesome back bouncing holes on most of the North Coast rivers. Surprisingly, the Wilsons later run that should be pushing in is nothing like the past few years. Maybe it will change in a week or two. Yes, there's fish in there, but usually a lot more.

O
Outdoorsman5
Oh i will definitely! Awesome i will probably have a rod for everything bobber/egg, bobber/jig back-bouncing, drifting, kwikfish, diver and bait lol boats gonna be loaded

L
Lurker
Beware of ice this weekend during your morning commute. It's going to get cold!

O
Outdoorsman5
thanks lurker

O
Outdoorsman5
So I don't have a report for the fish but I got a good report for the duck hunting portion